“Best breakfast in Nelson bay”
Review of Nice Cafe

Nice Cafe
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best breakfast in Nelson bay”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Although the location isn't the best, food and coffee is veeeeery good. I also like the idea with kids play table. I loved the ladder with tea pots hanged over the cashier and silver spoons. My son had a spoon with TRex with his babychino:)
Prices are reasonable. My only complain - we had to wait longer than usual for coffee and poached eggs. But when you are on holidays, that's probably fine. We tried Cafe at the bay with waterfront view, but food was awful and much expensive.

Sydney, Australia
“Not NICE - BEAUTIFUL!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went there after the good reviews on TA. The cafe was busy and full, but we were able to secure a table in the shade. We did have to wait over 30 mins for our coffee and food, but the food was worth the wait! I had the buttermilk pancakes with berries and they were the best pancakes with blueberries between each pancake and fresh berries surrounding the pancakes. There was also a nut praline which added something really special to the already delicious dish. My companion had the eggs benedict with salmon and commented on the quality and taste as being "exceptional". The portion sizes are plentiful. The coffee is delicious as was the banana smoothie. An exceptional cafe, providing great quality food, in presentation and taste. The only small negative would be the cost - they are placed at the high end of Sydney prices, with one breakfast dish and one coffee setting you back $25, which could be onerous for many. Overall, a great cafe and would highly recommend it for a fantastic breakfast! This cafe and
Sandpipers are the pick of Nelson Bay! We will be back.....

• Visited February 2013
Boat Harbour, Australia
“great food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had brekky at Nice and thought the food was fabulous. The quality and the presentation was good. I particularly like the poached eggs and bacon, witht a serve of aoicado,
My tea was beautifully presented ina proper tea cup. and my husbands coffee was hot and he said delicious, The presentation and the attention to detail is a nice change from food tossed on a plate.

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle
“Beautiful food but a tad expensive just for breakfast!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food was presented beautifully, tasted fantastic and the service was good. I was disappointed that there isn't an actual view of the marina it is blocked by trees and buildings. Also I did read the reviews on TM prior and saw that it was labled expensive but I was absolutely shocked at paying $14.50 for a 'half serve' of Eggs benedict with salon - which is literally one peice of toast and one egg. Also $4 just for avocado as a side - a little rich.
However, again the food was delicious - but this place is deffinately not somewhere Id recommend for a middle class family with a bunch of kids!

• Visited January 2013
Nelson Bay, Australia
“Brilliant Breakfasts!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Friendly staff who are happy to accomodate all requests. They serve the best breakfasts in Nelson Bay and are always very crowded. Our favourites are their eggs benedict - to die for and their pancakes. Our grandchildren their "ghosts on toast" or beautiful poached eggs.

Visited December 2012