“Absolutely atrocious, there are excuses for such poor quality!!”

John Dory's Take Away
Ranked #15 of 17 Quick Bites in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I cannot even begin to tell you how awful this establishment was - the fish is pre cooked and then fried to order that is all I need to say , utterly disgusting! Visit at your own peril.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (132)

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Fishermans basket was average, chicken schnitzel burger the chicken was burnt, egg and bacon roll very average, chips not very nice and a long wait (30 mins) for the food and it was not even busy as it was 7pm Sunday night. The staff are very casual and slow. Give it a miss.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 25, 2019

Ordered the fishermans basket for me and the family. The food was good. Nothing to really fault for a take out shop.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2019

I am a local and the first time ever going to this take away I was disgusted. Not only was the fish completely burnt, we all had the worst oil taste left in our mouths. This second time thinking maybe it was a once off... Nope. I couldn't even cut the fish. Would never recommend to anyone and price.. Expensive.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

Food pretty crap read reviews but thought id try for myself and one word describes it. Yuk full of oil scallops not cooked full of oil from them cooking in dirty oils chips were ok everything else just oily crap won't go ever again on my holidays no thanks.

Date of visit: November 2019