“Superb”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday from 5.30pm
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Tonight I brought my mother, the lover of fine food to Sandpipers after loving it the first time I dined here. The staff were beautiful and welcoming, the food was spectacular, a work of art with such beautiful flavours, we had the tasting plates for both main and dessert and walked away blissfully happy.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

At last a restaurant that obviously continues to achieve consistent quality and service, so that diners can confidently book in here and be guaranteed to have a wonderful experience. The decor was subtle and unpretentious, the wait staff attentive, friendly and not rushing around madly. The food, the food was what I expect when I go out for dinner. Not something that I would/could cook for myself, and enough choices to make it a little difficult to decide which way to go. Coupled with reasonable prices for great quality, admittedly we chose to go mid week and had 3 courses for $48.95, it would still be worth going any other time when you compare the average prices around Nelson Bay for dining out. To start the oysters w rice wine/ginger dressing was sublime, the oysters plump, juicy and complimented beautifully by the dressing-especially as I'm not so keen on natural oysters. We had the duck spring rolls/pork prawn wontons with their respective delicious sauces, followed by mains of pork belly/chicken w gnocchi and then shared the dessert sampler plate. There were a few families dining as well, w older children- what a great way to introduce your children to a relaxed fine dining experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food was Ah-MAZING! yes it was a little pricey compared to your average meal but the food is worth every dollar!!! The best thing is if you can't decide what to have you can get a taster of 3 mains or desserts. I had the prawn with avocado for entree, main of pork belly and then a "sample" dessert plate for two. The food was exceptionally good!!!!! Hard to find a place that gets entree main and dessert a 10/10 for each dish! Highly recommend. The only thing that lacks is ambience or a nice view.

2  Thank Ruby M
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Came here last Wednesday with my partner for our anniversary and it was well worth it. We came here for dinner due to recommendations and it was listed no. 2 on tripadvisor, and I must say the food and staff were great and friendly!

We loved the mixed mussel platter they had, it offered all four of the different style they have on the menu which is great if you're indecisive and just want to eat everything. The ravioli was very nice though in my opinion the serving was a bit small for a main. The best main we had was the garlic and paprika prawn hotpot, two different flavours in a small hotpot each served with bread. Very tasty though the paprika one could be a little more hotter. Other than that, great restaurant, great staff, fair pricing and its a thumbs up for us.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

locals or travellers excellent service...... with a Big smile fresh wonderful food could only recommend this establishment could not fault a thing