“This is how to run a restaurant!”

Sandpipers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday from 5.30pm
Terrigal, Australia
“This is how to run a restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were at Nelsons Bay for a break and Sandpipers was recommended to us. We had four children with us, as soon as we arrived the girls brought out colouring for the kids. We got The special which was any two courses for $40. I had the salmon for main plus the sticky date for dessert, which were to die for. The girls asked if the kids could have a scoop of ice cream then came out with a treat box (which were bubble blowers, pencils, snickers) that they could choose one. The boys got a few bottles of wine which they said were nice.
This restaurant wasn't just about the great food it was also about the amazing service too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KarleeP

Orange, Australia
“Fabulous value in Port Stephens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

A birthday treat for a wet weekend in Port Stephens, we really enjoyed the hospitality and super food - as a country bumpkin (admittedly from the food capital of NSW - Orange) I really loved the soft shell crab and dipping sauce, followed by the Atlantic salmon cooked to perfection combining the summery flavours of in season fruit (including mango!) which was a total contrast to the wet miserable night outside.
The other surprise that the 'weeknight' special for two and three courses was offered on a Friday night? Since when is Friday night a weeknight?! Great value for under $100 for two including corkage (BYO wine).
Well recommended.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Espressogal
Sydney, Australia
“Only in Nelson Bay for 2 nights, ate at Sandpipers both nights!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sandpipers was recommended to me by a friend who had been there the week before. In one word - amazing!
My husband and I were in Nelson Bay for a birthday getaway & I was hoping this dinner was going to be great and it sure was!
For entree we had the scallops with chorizo and chilli, and also the pork and prawn dumplings.
Main was pork belly & the tasting plate which consisted of soft shell crab, pork belly & crispy duck leg. Dessert was the tasting plate - white choc spring rolls, creme brûlée, sticky date & lemon tart. Every single thing we ate that night was outstanding. So good intact that we came back a second night as we felt no other restaurant in Nelson Bay could compare.
Second night we had the prawn hotpot & salt and pepper squid, plus banoffee sundae for dessert (in addition to a couple of the same dishes from the previous night).
Absolutely recommend Sandpipers as a must visit to anyone coming to the Nelson Bay area.
My only regret is that the restaurant isn't closer to Sydney so we can come here weekly!
Still dreaming about the food.

Sydney
“Amazing food and perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went here on Saturday night, we were up at Port Stephens for a weekend. The food was AMAZING and the service was brilliant. We had the dumplings to start to share, the tasting plate for mains and the banana bannoffe ice cream was delicious. They have a good selection of wines and the service was very good. Would definitely go back here and recommend it to other. Great food good location and nice dining.

Nelson Bay, Australia
“Cannot fault this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Myself, my partner & his parents had dinner here last night & as I've probably written in past reviews, Sandpipers delivered yet again! Luke & his team do such an amazing job, the food is beautiful, the staff are so welcoming and friendly & the atmosphere in the restaurant is lovely. Being a local, I highly recommend that anyone visiting Nelson Bay put a visit to Sandpipers on their to-do list! I had the warm chicken salad for entree, with my partner & father in law having the salt & pepper squid, while my mother in law had the crispy fried soft shell crab. All 4 were delicious, no complaints, just empty plates. For mains we had 2 pork belly's & 2 crispy skinned salmon's. The salmon was gorgeous & the skin was so crisp and tasty. My partner informed me that his pork belly was just as great as it was on our last visit, maybe even better! All in all we had another great dining experience at Sandpipers, thanks guys!