“Amazing food and perfect service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandpipers Restaurant

Sandpipers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for dinner Monday to Saturday from 5.30pm
Sydney
“Amazing food and perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went here on Saturday night, we were up at Port Stephens for a weekend. The food was AMAZING and the service was brilliant. We had the dumplings to start to share, the tasting plate for mains and the banana bannoffe ice cream was delicious. They have a good selection of wines and the service was very good. Would definitely go back here and recommend it to other. Great food good location and nice dining.

Nelson Bay, Australia
“Cannot fault this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Myself, my partner & his parents had dinner here last night & as I've probably written in past reviews, Sandpipers delivered yet again! Luke & his team do such an amazing job, the food is beautiful, the staff are so welcoming and friendly & the atmosphere in the restaurant is lovely. Being a local, I highly recommend that anyone visiting Nelson Bay put a visit to Sandpipers on their to-do list! I had the warm chicken salad for entree, with my partner & father in law having the salt & pepper squid, while my mother in law had the crispy fried soft shell crab. All 4 were delicious, no complaints, just empty plates. For mains we had 2 pork belly's & 2 crispy skinned salmon's. The salmon was gorgeous & the skin was so crisp and tasty. My partner informed me that his pork belly was just as great as it was on our last visit, maybe even better! All in all we had another great dining experience at Sandpipers, thanks guys!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“wish they were in Sydney I would eat here every night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am often in Port Stephens and I always eat at Sandpipers.
The food and service is always great
The menu is small and outstanding quality produce
Make sure you go there

Australia
“Great food - ho-hum location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great meal here - what you miss out on in terms of location you get back in the quality of food. It's on the main shopping strip in Nelson Bay, back from the water with no views at all, but the food was really good. Not world-class or anything, but as good as anything else in the area, and probably better.
We got fish and a kind of tasting plate with four mini-versions of menu dishes, all of which were very good.
If you're after a view and the bay's seaside atmosphere this isn't a good option but for foodies it's probably the best choice.

Visited February 2013
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing dinner date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sandpipers was an amazing experience - the staff were excellent, the food was amazing, great setting and vibe. All in all making it a beautiful dinner date for my partner and I checking out Nelson Bay area for the first time. I picked this place based on these reviews - agree with all the appraisals! My partner loves seafood so this was perfect, we couldn't decide on what to choose and ended up picking smaller entree size dishes with more options. Highly recommend the oysters, king prawn stack, pork and prawn dumplings and the salt and pepper squid. Delicious :-)

• Visited January 2013