“Delicious food, service with a smile.”

Sandpipers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday from 5.30pm
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were recommended to try Sandpipers on our overnight stay in Nelson Bay. Am so glad that we did! Our waitress was lovely and very attentive. The food was delicious! We ordered the mid week special - the pork belly melts in your mouth, and the dinner was great value for money. Would definitely recommend to friends, and hope to return on our next visit.

1  Thank Jules_m27

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner here recently, the service was great, our waitress was very informative and friendly and there was a good atmosphere. The dips were nice as was the entrees. However I had the prawn and chorizo gnocchi and it was terrible. The gnocchi was clearly from a packet and wasn't even cooked it was so doughy and heavy I couldn't finish mine. At $29 a pop it was way overpriced.. Perhaps not if it had been home made fresh gnocchi. Apart from the gnocchi it was good.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We ate here for dinner and found the food excellent, the service was also to a high standard. The cost is somewhat expensive but as we ate here for a special occasion we didn't mind.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading the reviews this was on my to do this for my first visit to Nelsons Bay as an adult.
My 2 year old was even entertained with colouring in pencils. She also was given the option of a high chair or booster seat, I have never been given that option at a restaurant & a booster is so much better for her. It was nice to feel that a child was welcomed into their fine restaurant. My entree was amazing, the soft shell crab, yum. I had the Safron Prawns hot pot for main & woah, the flavour sensations. Desert was excellant. I could not fault anything & we had a lovely night out. Thank you Sandpipers.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This place deservably has a great reputation in Nelson Bay. We tried the midweek 2 course soecul for $38 - great value and really good food. The choice covered most if the best dishes from the main menu.
Calamari was the freshest I have tasted - it could have had a little more kick though.
Very friendly service and all in all a great night out