This holiday house was advertised as quality accommodation and I suppose this definition is subjective. We were offered the front unit (spa suite). Location-wise it was good, and a new house it was, but when it came to quality, my expectations were a bit highter. For the price we paid over the peak period, we were expecting a certain standard.
Instead there was/ were:
- A thick layer of dust over all surfaces in the house.
- Dead cockroaches, spiders and spider webs throughout.
- Nail clippings on the floor.
- Toilet was leaking intermittently.
- Toilet paper was so thin you had to unroll the entire roll for it to be of any use, we had to resort to buying our own.
- No toiletries or bath linen provided, we requested for addtitional face washers to suit 3 people, but were only given one.
- No room servicing at all.
- DVD player didn't work.
- No hairdryer.
- And most importantly for the summer season, no airconditioning, the house was like an oven every afternoon. By opening the windows for cross ventilation it still took at least 2-3 hours to cool down as there was obviously no roof insulation. The house was west facing.
We go to Nelson Bay every 2 years for a short break and some family time out, next time, we will choose to stay at a serviced apartment or a hotel, at least we know they will clean and tidy up close to our arrival date.
- Also Known As:
- David's Place Nelson Bay, Port Stephens