As a lot of reviews have mentioned, this resort is in an excellent location and the rooms are modern (some chips in wall paint etc but nothing too bad). The pool was lovely although very crowded as you'd expect this time of year - unfortunately they needed to close it for nearly 24 hours due to a hygiene accident.
1. On arrival our room was missing a bath mat, facewashers etc which I had to get the next day (as reception closes at 6pm).
2. There was only half a toilet roll in the room with no replacements so another trip back to reception.
3. As others have mentioned, there are no fly screens on any windows or doors which means you have to run the air conditioner or roast.
4. The laundry area (which is in a cupboard) had a pervasive, awful smell.
5. THe car park has a height restriction of 2 metres so don't be driving anything with a luggage pod on top (although there is an outdoor visitor's carpark)
What I found most interesting was when we checked out a day early with a sick child - the person at reception looked up our booking and made no mention of the fact we were leaving early - I would have thought there'd be some interest in why we were leaving from a customer service viewpoint?
Overall it was a nice place but the service is relatively poor and having stayed at the Pacific Blue Resort at Salamander Bay the previous two years, I think we'll be heading back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just two and a half hours drive North of Sydney is the relaxed seaside village of Nelson Bay and one of the finest resorts on the Central Coast, Mantra Aqua. Mantra Aqua's stylish accommodation includes a selection of spacious, open-plan designed two and three bedroom apartments and penthouses, all featuring large living areas flowing out onto large external balconies. Each apartment and penthouse features beautiful stone bench tops in the kitchen with stainless steel appliances, plasma or LCD TV, DVD player, Foxtel and sound system in the lounge area. The resort features leisure facilities including a 25 metre lagoon pool with cascading waterfall and heated spa, children's play wading area and BBQ areas. Clean, contemporary lines and an open plan layout provide the perfect balance between the surrounding natural environment and the luxuries of resort-style living. The resort is a short five minute stroll to the centre of town or the marina where you will find a vast array of shops, restaurants and cafes. The bowling club and a 27 hole championship golf course are only a few minutes walk from the main gate. Mantra Aqua is the perfect location for a weekend away or relaxing holiday escape. Upon arrival at Mantra Aqua, we will require a valid credit card to be placed on file to cover incidental items including (but not limited to) telephone calls, breakages/damages, excessive cleaning charges and theft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Mantra Aqua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Aqua Hotel Nelson Bay
- Mantra Aqua Nelson Bay, Port Stephens