“Amazing food”
Review of The Galley Kitchen

The Galley Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orange NSW
“Amazing food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here and it was fantastic. We had a lunch special of main, desert and a free glass of wine. The steak was melt in the mouth and the sticky date pudding was devine. The wine glass was generous
The resturant has a very nice atmosphere, the staff are pleasant and attentive.

Visited February 2013

Sydney
“Great food and view”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were staying in Nelson Bay for several days for our wedding anniversary so had done my research on where to eat out while we were there. Merretts was top of my list and the meal did not disappoint at all. There was a complementary avocado gazpacho to start our evening which set the tone for the meal. My husband & I both loved the cured kingfish entree and the jewfish that I had as a main course was just as good. My husband had the slow cooked pork which could possibly have done with some more cooking time but the flavours were still excellent. Overall a very nice experience and would happily recommend it to others.

1 Thank Jules0999
Sydney, Australia
“Ordinary food and service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked a table the night prior and were told there was only 2 spaces available - one at 6.30pm and one at 8.30pm. We chose the earlier time.(found the restaurant less than 1/2 full the whole time we were there) Arrived and found there was no booking in my name. I was asked what phone number I used to make the booking (it was off their website). Then asked if I made the booking thru reception at the hotel or thru the restaurant. Don't know - used the number in the website. Finally found my mobile number next to a random name. We were taken to our table by an unfriendly waitress - her service did not improve during the evening when she came to our table. It appears there are 3-4 waitresses who care for all tables , with no designation of 1 waitress to "your" table. I ordered the tandoori chicken ,prawns for entree which was very nice. My companion ordered the cured kingfish which was delicious. I had the fish with tomatoes,squash and a cream sauce. It was ordinary in taste, nothing special. My companion had the lamb and commented "it was like a home cooked meal- not restaurant quality ". The portion sizes are generous. The view was nice - overlooking a marina or the pool or a garden or the ocean, depending on where your table is situated. It's a beautiful scenic area with lovely parks and beaches - have a lovely gourmet picnic instead!!

Maroubra, Australia
“The Merretts saved our getaway at Anchorage”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at Anchorage for 2 nights and although we were disappointed by the hotel, we loved the restaurant. Both food and services were of good quality, the location and view of the Marina are great and we thought that it is a great value restaurant that offers very good food at a fair price. On our next trip to Port Stephens, we will look for another hotel but we will probably drop by at the Merretts for lunch.

1 Thank Floangale
Sydney, Australia
“Great meal in a grat location”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed this immensely and would reccommend this to anybody. The view from the establisment is fantastic.

Visited January 2013