See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019

We just wanted a cheap bed for the night, The accommodation was Clean and tidy with a toaster, kettle tea and coffee, comfy bed easy check in/check out easy parking. lovely grounds, great value!!! for under $100 would stay again for sure!

Room tip: I didn't give 5 stars for luxury so much as its a nice cheap clean and pleasant place to stay
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2019

The Motel describes itself as “Ecological Accommodation”. That may be the case but maybe it should be “Economical Accommodation”.
The room was on the spacious side with a King Sized (comfortable, including linen) bed and two single beds. There was a TV and microwave as well as a large wardrobe, table and three chairs, a sink, cutlery and crockery. There was a jug, mugs and glasses.
The bathroom was of an old design and with a lack of hanging space. There was no shower curtain or door which meant the bathroom floor got wet whenever the shower was used. There was plenty of hot water and the pressure was good.
The bedroom/living room needed some TLC. New curtains, the current ones hardly covered the windows. The window winders did not work properly, although all the windows had protective insect screens. There was no air conditioning although a floor fan was provided which worked well. Heating is by means of a bar radiator and three blankets. The carpet needed cleaning and the glasses and mugs appeared to have been only rinsed.
You get what you pay for these days and at $88 per night I suppose I got what I payed for. Cheap? Definitely. Worth the money? Probably. Recommended? As a last resort.

Room tip: Check out the crockery before use
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2018

this was the second time my family stayed here. The service from the reception staff was flawless and incredibly helpful with giving local advise on the area and its stunning features. We stayed in September 2017 and then again in January 2018 and the work and upgrading of the facility was obvious. I would describe this as a friendly - almost farm like - atmosphere where there is nothing too big or too small for the staff to assist you with. We missed our check in time by 3.5 hours and they were incredibly generous in assisting my family with our particular situation. Linen was spotless - light refreshing colours and the towels soft, fluffy and comfortable. Plenty of hot water and extra blankets/pillows etc. The fridge was spotless (quite often places have a build up of grot in the joins or the door well - but not here!) The plates/crockery/cups/glasses/cutlery were modern, no chips or cracks and very clean - as too was the dish washing cloth and tea towel. My family and I will stay here over and over again - as well as be recommending it to all our extended family, friends and any one else who ever mentions staying in or near Narooma!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

This is The WORST place we have ever stayed in. I would've given it no stars, but it wouldn't let me do that.

Let me list the features of our 'family' room:

Ants throughout the cupboards and on the floor

Weird beetle things that crawl out from under the mould infested bathroom fittings

No airflow nor air conditioning for days over 30 degrees Celsius- so the small airless room is actually hotter inside than outside.

Piles of rubbish lying around the 'resort' - including rotting debris adjacent to the bins (as if they hadn't been emptied in a long time) - lovely for the snakes to live in!

The pool which was only 'cleaned' two weeks ago still appears to not be clean as my toddler now has a fungal rash on her torso.

The 'wildlife' that lives around the doors, windows and anywhere spider webs accumulate and also likes to come inside (I found a white tail spider in the bed that the toddler was about to sleep in)

Rat sac - that's highly poisonous rodent poison pellets - in lowest cupboards easily accessible by a curious toddler who said 'lollies' as she pulled it out all over herself and the floor, all whilst I went to the toilet for one second.

The Ecotel Narooma is a filthy excuse of a resort that is DANGEROUS. My daughter could've been killed by the RatSac. The excuse offered was ' a previous tenant must've left it there' and we were given 2 free coffee vouchers. Is that the going rate for my child's life?!!

Here's what I think Ecotel Narooma - clean your rooms properly and this wouldn't have happened!

This place needs to be SHUT DOWN immediately!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Kate C
Reviewed November 16, 2017

The hosts of the Ecotel are very pleasant and trying very hard to update/upgrade the hotel as they can.
The Ecotel is very basic somewhat in the style of hostel accommodation. The rooms are small and dated as are the bathrooms. In saying that you get what you pay for and as a base for two days diving it suited our needs. A clean room with hot shower and a wahing and drying area for our gear.
This is not a hotel to stay at for an extended period id used to a degree of oppulance however for two or three days while expring this amazing area it is sufficient.
Finally it is a shame to see such a pretty pool and surrrounds being so neglected, hopefuly this area will be returned to a usable state in the future.

Room tip: All rooms are small - try for further from the main road
Date of stay: October 2017