“Great location”

Amooran Oceanside Apartments and Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Narooma
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We've stayed several times at Amooran and loved it. It's in an amazing location (overlooking the golf course and Montague Island) in a beautiful town. Great pool and a tonne of BBQ's...perfect holiday spot.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed in a top floor room with a lovely view out to Montague Island. We even saw whales from our unit. It was clean comfortable and quite spacious. There were quite a lot of stairs to the room but for most people it would not be an issue. The pool area was nice also and wished we had more time to enjoy it. We would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

stayed here with my daughter on an overnight trip to the south coast. The woman at reception was very pleasant and helpful and the room was very well appointed, clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful night and almost hated to leave as the view from our room was so wonderful and the sun was shinning and it was such a beautiful location. Close to the centre of town and across the street from the Golf Club which is quite a large club with many facilities. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AmooranManager, Manager at Amooran Oceanside Apartments and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience on tripadvisor. We are so pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the amazing view from Amooran.
We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed one night here en route to Melbourne via the coast. It was our second stay over the years, and it was again an excellent choice. Big room,freshly and tastefully decorated, lots of space, warm shower, electric blankets, and next morning, a wonderful view of the sun rising over the ocean, We asked for a room with a view, and we got a really good one. Staff were efficient and polite, and overall we could not fault the hotel - except for the soap products. These were cheap quality products made in china which made the shower cubicle floor slimy and slippery, and left a nasty, sticky residue on the skin. Please, hotel proprietors, provide good quality Australian-made products, and support our local industries! (No, I'm not in the soap-making industry - the soap in this hotel really was bad news.)

Room Tip: We asked for a family room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us at Amooran. We are very pleased you chose to stay with us for a second time and you were satisfied once again with our motel.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The accommodation was lovely but wow there is one person on reception who should restrain herself from contact with prospective patrons! She spoke to me like a naughty child when ultimately I was right! I was even told "not to speak" hence I did not get a single word in. I could not believe it! They had a great deal on Facebook which then lead me to their website - I was thorough in checking the details. I then called to confirm and the person mentioned that they normally have a surcharge but because there was no written info anywhere they would not charge one. A couple hours later I called back to book but was at that time told of a surcharge which I was expected to pay. I felt I had then wasted my time earlier scouring the website and making the earlier phone call. The First Lady was pleasant enough but then this other woman got on the phone and bellowed at me. I could not believe it. She told me "not to speak" among other things and finally told me I could secure the room without the surcharge. It was a late Friday afternoon and the booking was for the following 2 nights. Interesting enough I also noted another person posted a review commenting about rude staff. What a terrible shame.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonya B
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Enjoyed our stop over here. Well clean appointed rooms. Well located with views over the golf course and coast. Staff were polite and helpful, although we were unable to get the Wi-Fi code to work. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Found Amooran in Narooma on tripadvisor and it lived up to the # 1 rating . Great views , newly refurbished room , good room rate.
After spending time touring it was great to find a regional Hotel/Motel that ticked all the boxes .

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narooma
7 mi away
Holiday Lodge Motor Inn
Holiday Lodge Motor Inn
#5 of 8 in Narooma
Island View Beach Resort

Been to Amooran Oceanside Apartments and Motel? Share your experiences!