“Filthy and Disgusting”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nambucca Heads
Brisbane, Australia
“Filthy and Disgusting”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here for a night recently and it was terrible. The room was really dated and dirty. I walked into the bathroom and there were cockroaches running around on the floor. The staff were very unfriendly. The truck noise from the highway kept me awake all night. I couldn't wait to leave. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rplhampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Staying here on way to the Gold Coast we found it quite dirty and in need of some real TLC. The beds were comfortable and clean but the bathroom was quite grubby. We had stayed here 6 years ago and it was a lot better back then. Won't be coming back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newington, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel passing through on business. While it is comfortable it is a bit dated. The only update they appear to have done is replace the TVs with LCDs.
The decor is very 80s styling, including colourful bed covers and pastel wall colours and furniture. The rooms are quite large though.
Generally clean, but a few ants in the bathroom.
Surprisingly, little noise was heard from the highway, but I did have the balcony door shut with the air-conditioner on.
It is on the outskirts of Nambucca Heads, approx 2km from the town centre, and about 4km from the beach, so if you are holidaying you may want to stay closer to town.
The Service was very good - efficient and friendly, and Alan, the owner, introduced himself by name, which you don't see very often these days.
Although I didn't eat it the restaurant, the menu was inviting, so maybe another time.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back, as they are furthest from the Highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wamberal
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family stayed here on the way up and back to the Gold Coast in the April school holidays. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. However, the rooms smelled awful, in desperate need of some TLC, the shower recess area was not clean. The beds were good, comfy and clean. We had intended to eat in the restaurant for breakfast but the prices were over the top. We opted to drive into town to buy dinner, very reasonable and nice little town. Unfortunately this place is way too close to the highway (my mistake in booking). We decided on Nambucca Heads as opposed to Coffs Harbour as too many reviews mentioned truck noise as a big factor overnight. We did cop this and disturbed our sleep immensely. Next time I will book in town away from the highway. Having said that, Nambucca is so much cheaper than Coffs!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Ive been to this place twice for work and booked 15 rooms each time.For the privilidge of giving this motel a large booking, the place was and is a disgrace.As soon as you walk in the room the stink of chemicals hits you like a punch in the face.Then is see the cockroaches crawling on the bathroom floor.Great startI went to reception to ask for a breakfast tray to be put in my room as I startberly.This is a very common request in the hotel industry.The old man on reception found this request very hard to get his head around and his attitude was very poor.I then asked where the golf club was as I was taking my team there for dinner.The old mans response was "I wouldnt eat there, your taking your life in your own hands" and walked off He saidnthis because I wasnt eating in his resturant.When I got back to my room after a great dinner, the breakfast tray was on the table.The old man didnt put the milk and juice in the fridge and they were warm.The box of cereal was out of date(Oct 2011) 5 months out of date.The place is a disgrace and my susbstantial business will not be back.

Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Nambucca Heads hotels

Karratha, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here about 12 months ago and the place seemed a little run down but it has certainly improved. Our room was freshly painted and the bathroom area was spotless. Big improvement. The restaurant is a must, the steak is the best ever and the staff are fantastic. Will definately be back next year
Thanks to Alan for his hospitality. Well done mate

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthew P
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Nambucca is such a beautiful place anyway and i enjoyed the motel. I do agree with what some guests have said about the cleanliness of the rooms however, there were stains on the sofa and on the floor, and the bathroom and bath tub not exactly spotless. I felt i had to wash the bath myself first before bathing my two youngsters in it. Having said that i loved the size of the room, the little leafy patio at the front and the comfy bed and the pleasant surprise of finding the bath in our ensuite.
The pool was lovely and inviting and the spa invigorating, i did not wish to get out at all however it was getting late and our room service was ready! The meal was delicious but my only complaint is it arrived too soon when we had requested it to be the last meal before closing.
I loved the grassy surrounds and pond and gardens. Some people have suggested that the place is outdated and screaming 80's, but this doesnt bother me at all as i love retro charm! Yes perhaps a few things need tidying up and it could certainly be a bit cleaner but i certainly dont think its as bad as some people have claimed. I would stay again (preferably in summer so i could again utilise the pool and spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath and a balcony
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family