“short visit”

Econo Lodge Murwillumbah
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Murwillumbah
Reviewed September 18, 2011

the views to Mt Warning are amazing, the breakfast good, the rooms are a really good size and beds good, the bathrooms need renovating but overall the 2 night stay was worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jackgem
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Murwillumbah

Reviewed August 8, 2011

The rooms were well maintained and clean, nice views, very comfortable beds and plenty of space!! Was not afraid of leaving my bags in the room, the security was good. Friendly staff, who bent over backwards to make my stay pleasant and also organized transportation to Byron Bay for me. The town itself is at close proximity, I found I was able to walk everywhere that I needed to. Great, Thank you!

Room Tip: Family sized rooms- plenty of space and beds to choose from.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Danielle H
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Yes the hotel is convenient to the town centre and has all the amenities but it is shabby and in desperate need of updating. However that is not my issue. I can tolerate shabby but I cannot tolerate filth. The shower was crawling with mould and my window behind the dirty net curtain was also filthy with mould and had obviously not been touched for a long time. I shudder to mention the drain in the sink as it was just a black hole full of gunk. I was in a party of 26 for that weekend and there were many many similar complaints from my travel companions. Shame on you owners and cleaners.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shazza80
Reviewed April 26, 2011

GOODs
-Nice beds
-big TV
-Sink outside toilet(it saved me to wash my dished in toilet)
-big area to sit outside rooms for brealfast or dinner
-enough parking

Average
-bathroom looks small but shower was very confortable
-looks old but fully equiped

Bad
Nothing

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank TejinderPingal
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I go to Murwillumbah to visit relatives and the staff here always make me feel right at home. Location is impressive, on a rise, with views of Mt Warning, but away from the heavy traffic (and noise) you encounter on the highway. It's also closest of all the hotels to Murwillumbah's shopping and restaurant streets (less than 50m). Added bonus are the enormous towels they supply.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with larger than normal televisions than you find other hotels (even five star city places).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelGirlSuze
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I attended a wedding in Murwillumbah and chose this motel because it was near the church and in town. It was the right decision. The staff were lovely and couldn't be more helpful. The room was well equipped with many extras like a microwave and very large television (flat screen). There was a lovely swimming pool and lush gardens.
I slept well in super white sheets with no noise apart from the birds singing in the morning. The large carton of real milk was a bonus.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank dougie62Brisbane
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My husband asked for another milk as we were staying the two nights and the person was not happy but did give us a milk. We asked for senior discount as indicated on their office door and she said she is a working senior inferring that I should be. Also she said the senior discount available sticker shouldn't be on the door. Then when I told her, for her own information, that there had been a snake on the stairs, and that the hot water was leaking out of the shower tap and could burn someone she said you don't need to go on to just get a discount. I said I was only telling her for her own maintenance schedule. She then apologised and said she wasn't well and gave me a discount but I said I wasn't after one as she had said I wasn't entitled. A real shame as the room and everything else was fine though basic.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ozdrifter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murwillumbah
ecOasis Resorts
Mt Warning Rainforest Park
Mt Warning Rainforest Park
#5 of 7 in Murwillumbah
Amazing Wollumbin Palms Retreat at Mt Warning

Been to Econo Lodge Murwillumbah? Share your experiences!