During a trip to my brother's in Brisbane, we decided to escape for a few days to get away from it all. I had found this place on the internet and fell in love with it straight away. What I didn't expect to find was that the website didn't do it any justice.
The place is amazing. Totally hidden away, with awesome views. There are two apartments, set away from each other but very discretely hidden from each other's views. You could quite easily walk around in nude for your whole stay!
1. Watching the stars from the hot tub on the decking whilst sipping champagne
2. Their sushi dinner - delicious
3. Stocking up en route to the place - you won't want to leave once you get there so stock up on meat for the bbq, champagne/drinks and fruit.
4. Bring a camcorder, if only to capture the sound of the place. At night, the bats and crickets sound amazing
5. Sleep with curtains open - with only the bug screen closed. Again, you will hear amazing noises plus you will catch the sunrise.
The owners are lovely and couldn't do enough to help whilst at the same time, leaving you alone to enjoy the place. Whilst you are totally alone, you also know that they are only 50m up the road should you need them.
I can't recommend this place enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our private, award winning sanctuary is nestled among billowing eucalyptus with stunning panoramic ocean views. Perched on the edge of an amazing cliff, Koonyum Range Retreat offers ultimate rejuvenation and the perfect escape. Breathtaking ocean views across rolling hills, and beautiful sunrises in the privacy of your very own sunlit villa or studio, are just the beginning. Here time flows to the gentle pulse of nature. Koonyum Range Retreat is nothing short of spectacular. Just far enough away to be secluded, but only a short distance to both Byron Bay and Mullumbimby, our retreat is ideal for a romantic getaway, honeymoon, fun adventure, or a rejuvenating rest, where you can escape your busy life to enjoy special moments. Our 3 luxurious boutique villas and studio are suited to couples looking for that extra special romantic getaway or honeymoon, or singles looking for a self-indulgent break. We also have a beautifully appointed private studio located below the Main House next to the Infinity Pool with it's own separate entrance. Each villa has beautiful Japanese inspired red cedar interiors, providing a luxurious haven within cool Mediterranean style rendered walls, beautiful bedrooms, and spectacular views from your very own privately heated mosaic or sunken deck spa. Our poolside studio features rendered walls, marble flooring, kingsize bed, beautiful views and is fully self contained with it's own balcony area. All of our villa guests are invited to use the stunning infinity pool and gazebo perched on the edge of an amazing cliff. The panoramic mountain range, complete with waterfall and ocean views, are some of the most spectacular to be seen anywhere in Australia. At Koonyum Range Retreat we can also provide the experience of delicious gourmet dining and relaxing treatments, all in the privacy of your very own villa. All rates include a Gourmet Breakfast Hamper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Koonyum Range Retreat Byron Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.