“Six days of pampered bliss and an education for a lifetime!”

Mullum Sari Holistic Gym & Medi-Spa
Ranked #9 of 10 things to do in Mullumbimby
More attraction details
Owner description: Mullum Sari Health Retreat and Medi-Spa offers the world's finest healing facilities in an egalitarian atmosphere of love and knowledge. Located within the Byron Bay Hinterland's 4000 hectare playground, Mullum Sari offers a world class healing experience at accessible rates. It is a place to nurture the mind, renew the body and reinvigorate the soul. Mullum Sari is the unique combination of four exclusive facilities - Our world-class Medi Spa, Holistic Gym, private Pilates and Yoga Centre and our luxury, boutique accommodation - all within a leisurely stroll of one another. At Mullum Sari, we are imbued in world class treatments such as colonic hydrotherapy, hyperbaric oxygen, dry hydrotherapy massage, infra-red sauna, living juice, Yoga and vibration technology.Our team of experienced professionals will gently guide and educate you so that you may gather the tools and knowledge to be able to achieve optimum mental and physical health, self-awareness and contentment. You will feel better, think clearer and look more amazing than you may have even thought possible. And you will have learned how to keep feeling that We have a range of package options available from a 1 Day Cleanse, through to an intensive 28 Day Transformation Retreat, we can tailor a program to suit your needs and budget. Each day at Mullum Sari is based on the foundations of Dr. Norman Walker's healing principles of living juice, living food, colonic hydrotherapy, distilled water and skin brushing. Accompanied by daily Yoga, a detoxifying Infra-Red Sauna session, Hydrotherapy Massage and a candlelit Guided Meditation on our expansive deck, a day at Mullum Sari will leave you feeling completely reinvigorated.
Gladstone, Australia
“Six days of pampered bliss and an education for a lifetime!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

When I entered the Haven it was beautiful; clean, serene and beautiful! There is an air about that place of timelessness and luxury. This air is magnified by the ministrations of every member of the staff who are so unobtrusively thoughtful and caring. Their duties are done with such a lovely grace. The same care and attention is put into everything they do from the flowers on the plates and towels to the love they put into their nurturing juices and soups. Everything is presented beautifully! When you couple this with the knowledge that each of them have on the subject of diet and health, it is a very powerful combination!

At the gym I was heartened by the mix of local people and Mullum visitors and made to feel very welcome by the friendliness of the staff both at the gym and if I happened to see them around town. This was surprising to me and very thoughtful as I was visiting alone.

My favourite location was the treatment centre though. As I am a full-time working mother of three teenage daughters, I am not used to spare time so the program that required me to "work on me" was a drastic change! I loved the different teas in that fragilely beautiful, constantly warm, glass teapot and the tiny glasses to drink from. I loved the lemon in the water and the constant stream of fresh glasses to use. I loved the sarongs freshly laundered and the white robes beautifully folded just waiting to slip into and I loved the treatments! I really had no idea, in the beginning, what they were meant to be doing for me - I just trusted that they knew better than I did. I was right! I'm even spreading the word now about the benefits of colonic irrigation! Who would have thought?

The strangest thing to me is how much I miss the juices. I even purchased one after I left. I would have loved to fill a glass water bottle and drink their wonderful juice all the way home!

Thank you Mel and all your wonderful staff - I will be bringing my family back next time. :)

Brisbane, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Mellowing out and rejuvenating in lovely Mullumbimby”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife I attended a two night/three day detox program at Mullum Sari during 23 - 25 September 2013 and was absolutely impressed. The stay included, pilates, yoga and gym sessions and all three locations (health centre, gym and accommodation) are within pleasant walking distance. We have nothing but positive praise for all the staff and we commend them on their personal attention, professionalism and caring attitudes. The program is very well thought out and carried out without any fuss or rush. We will continue to have our warm water and fresh lemon each morning, followed by a nice fresh glass of filtered water. We will continue to detox ourselves on a monthly basis with vegetable juices and freshly made broth. It is our intention to revisit this health centre and participate in yoga and of course the colonic hydration. Being absolutely honest, I currently feel so alive and jumping out of my skin. For the first time today (26/09), I completed 20 laps of the pool with only two stops (not bad I think for a nearly 59 year old). I can only suggest you do your body and mind a real favour and if you can afford it, participate in the program - unless you cheat yourself you will not be sorry.

1 Thank RtjL
Copacabana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enlightening”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My sister and I just spent 3 lovely days at Mullum Sari and loved it! The treatments, yoga, pilates etc were great and accommodation was amazing.

Special thanks to Melanie at the spa and Kamala at the gym for your caring and warmth, in fact all the staff were wonderful.

These few days were an eye-opener as we lead such busy chaotic lives filled with pressure, stress and timeframes - so to just chill out and have someone else coordinate our spa schedule and prepare our juice and soup etc was refreshing.

We're both feeling great post-visit and learnt a lot so we will definitely be back! Thanks to all.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“*~Paradise Heaven~*”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Last weekend my gorgeous daughter & I were taken care of by the Mullum Sari Angels for a 2 day/night detox~
The Manse accomodation is just stunning with every attention to detail given right down to orchid decorations on our soup plates~
I had packed all my own toiletries and found they had luxurious organic shampoo/conditioner & body soap which I'm now looking into purchasing myself~
We hired a car to escape to buy food as we thought we would not survive the juice detox~On the contrary we had no need and enjoyed the delicious juices and soup for the 2 days and never felt hungry~
The treatments were rejuvenating and had us buzzing afterwards~
All the girls were so helpful & nurturing with great health tips and information~
I would highly recommend Mullum Sari to anyone contemplating & plan to go back for a one week detox :)

Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Refreshed, revived and healthy”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have just come back from 6 days at Mullum Sari and feel better than I have in a very long time! I have been waking up before my alarm with much more energy than I usually have at that time in the morning, my skin is clear, hair is glossy and the dark circles under my eyes are almost gone. I have a really stressful job and this really is the best present I could have possibly given myself. Although during my stay weight loss became less important to me (as I actually starting to care more about looking after my overall health), when I was researching which retreat to go on it was something I was interested to know so for those of you out there like me I lost 4kg and feel great. Obviously as you're doing a juice fast you have to be careful about your post-detox nutrition to ensure that you don't overwhelm your body and undo all of your hard work but the team are really knowledgable about how to manage this.

The house has 3 beautiful bedrooms which means that it's never too busy and there's lots of space to chill out. I was concerned that I might be hungry (the nutrition program consists of 4-5 juices a day and broth in the evenings), however, strangely this wasn't an issue for me (no one was more surprised than me!) The juices were fresh and tasty and the broth was a welcome change as the nights are getting colder! I did a class a day at the holistic gym during my stay including yoga, pilates and contemporary dance which were fantastic (there were more classes and even free access to the gym equipment available but I decided not to over tax myself!)

The town of Mullumbimby itself is charming and decidedly hippie (stock up on your natural beauty products and tasty organic and raw foods for when you break your fast!) and just a short walk from the house.

The team were absolutely fantastic at making sure that I had everything that I needed and the treatments were relaxing and professional (particularly the colonic, which as a first timer I was a bit nervous about!) They were happy to share their own experiences and their enthusiasm and knowledge helped educate me about the ways in which I can look after my body going forward. I'd recommend Mullum Sari to anyone who's looking to make a positive change in their life and take a step back to give yourself time to recharge!

Visited May 2013