“Overpriced”
Review of Mullumbimby Motel

Mullumbimby Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mullumbimby
Mullumbimby Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mullumbimby
Reviewed December 18, 2013

For the tiredness of this motel it is definitely over priced. I have to say also that the owner was very strange. Good location but that is all, BBQ area unfinished. Very narrow driveway and most cars would bottom out on the back way out. I also did not see a room like the owners picture

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank LoneTraveller596

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed for 2 days at $85 per night, cheaper than in Byron Bay and Brunswick Heads. I was really pleased with the price, given the popularity of area during tourist season.
There is air con but I didn't use it, it would be good in summer.
The toilet door has been removed and an old arm chair gives the room an unpleasant feeling of "history". However the bed clothes are good, there is a very pretty throw rug and the room was spotless.
I was an ideal guest, made no noise and didn't expect the room cleaned daily - yet when I checked out I was berated over the method of payment (which was fine when I booked). The receptionist was haughty.
The reception area smelt of tobacco and there was a faint wiff of tobacco in the bathroom too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 791HeatherK
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I rang the proprietor to book a room at this motel a week in advance. The booking was for five nights. No worries! We can look after that he said. We arrived at 3.30pm and the owner was not there. No, said the attendant, there is no booking in your name. I said that I had even been given a room number! That room is occupied I was told. Running out of patience I told the attendant to forget about the room, and we would go somewhere else, but considering there is only two motels in town it could be difficult. The owner had completely stuffed up our booking, and I see from this page, that this is not the first time his has happened. The motel looked shabby with a small driveway and an incomplete BBQ area. Avoid this establishment and you wont be let down!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vandaair
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps foolishly I rang the motel in the previous week to book an overnight stay..the guy messed up the booking.....both motels in town booked out...no room for us. We stayed at the pub in the end..
So be careful if you are going to book at this establishment. The driveway in was narrow and could only accommodate the smallest of cars.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank travelsweettravel
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad little place for a short break, rooms are varely large with a renovated bathroom. Very close to centre of town ( 5 min stroll) only thing i wasn't to keen on the bed was to hard for my liking but that a personal preference other then that enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Tarz00711
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We picked this place on spec, having never been to Mullumbimby before. It was fine for a few nights and what you'd expect for the price. As others have said, it's a bit tired looking but the queen size bed is excellent as is the rocking armchair.

The location is perfect. A very short walk into the centre of town.

The only down side for me was that the rooms are very dark. Not that there's anything that can be done about it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orak100
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Mullumbimby Motel is a fairly typical budget motel, about a block down from the main street of Mullumbimby. The room just contains the basics - queen bed (which was quite comfy), coffee table, dining table and 2 chairs, TV (with access to Foxtel), small fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, with tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits and milk supplied. I would've liked to have had a water jug for the fridge, though (admittedly, I didn't ask the staff if one was available).

There is also a recliner chair which was nice for watching TV. There is both a ceiling fan and air conditioner, although the brick walls mostly kept the room fairly cool for this time of year (late October). The room was neat and clean, and serviced daily. A folder containing local eatery information was in the room, which was handy. Staff are helpful and remember your name. There is also a barbeque plus outdoor dining setting available for guest use.

A parking space is provided for each room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dark_Daysi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullumbimby
Brunswick Heads Motel
#1 of 1 in Ocean Shores
The Sails Motel
The Sails Motel
#2 of 4 in Brunswick Heads

Been to Mullumbimby Motel? Share your experiences!