“An extremely enjoyable day!!!”

Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$134.85*
and up
Byron Bay and Beyond Tour Including Cape Bryon Lighthouse Crystal Castle and...
More Info
$219.42*
and up
Full-Day Small-Group Byron Bay and Crystal Castle Day Tour from Brisbane
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Mullumbimby
More attraction details
Owner description: A short scenic journey into Byron's hinterland lies a faraway magical place.Walk among gods through the famous Buddha Walk, lined with rose quartz, hand carved statues and home to four metre blessing Buddha. Breathe in the stunning gardens, rainforest and find yourself in the ancient labyrinth. Behold the southern hemisphere's only Kalachakra World Peace Stupa, an amazing monumental project blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.Everyday at 3.10 pm, find peace with 'The Crystal Castle Peace Experience', a unique free offering that deepens sense of wellness with enriching sound healing baths, meditations and sacred 'Kora' walks.Marvel at the exquisite jewellery and amazing crystals from all corners of the globe. With an extensive collection of books, CDs, body products and unique gifts ideal to suit any occasion. Relax at the Lotus Cafe and drink in the breathtaking views of the Byron hinterland while enjoying amazing healthy food and tempting treats. Only 20 minutes from Byron Bay and 40 minutes from the Gold Coast airport.Ignite the senses, enrich your spirit.Discover the jewel of Byron.Open 10am - 5pm NSW time. Except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Came on a Sunday with my 7 year old daughter. Girls at the front kiosk were very helpful and gave us a book about the gardens. As soon as we entered the gardens we were both overwhelmed by the beauty and peacefulness of the surroundings. Beautiful fish-pond with carp and the most amazing statues and prayer wheel. We both attended a peace workshop where we chose crystals, met lots of other interesting people and learnt about a mandala. Had lunch at the cafe (shared a dip tray with GF bread) which was yummy. Free face painting for my 7 year old and a playground with a flying fox, monkey bars and a climbing spider web. We were there for 5 hours and were entertained the whole time.

1  Thank caliculi
CrystalCastle, Owner at Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Hi caliculi, wow, thanks for the 5 Stars and such a wonderful review! There is so much unwelcome overwhelm in the world these days, so we love that you and your daughter were overwhelmed by the sheer beauty and peacefulness of the Crystal Castle and Shambhala Gardens. Our job is done! We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My boyfriend and i came here in April 2012 during a trip to Mullumbimby. We found it to be beautiful and relaxing and it had a nice gift shop and lots of areas if you want to just sit and absorb the atmosphere. We found Crystal Castle to have quite a spiritual feeling about it but whether you're one who seeks to get in touch with some sort of spirituality or not, we're sure most would enjoy even just walking around and taking in the beautiful landscape and attractions; from a ranging size of crystals to bamboo forest walkways and varying statues from seemingly different parts of the world.

Hi RWCB01, thanks for the 5 Stars, we're glad you enjoyed your visit here so much. As you say, people can enjoy just walking around and taking in the beautiful surroundings and the botanical gardens, even if they are not seeking a "spiritual" experience. Actually, we believe just taking in the surroundings, can in itself, be a truly spiritual experience, whether one is seeking that or not! We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I recently visited the CC and I recommend you to go and visit. Nice gardens and atmosphere. Although some people said that it is over-priced in my opinion the price is OK. It might be a little bit commercial but the rest is fine. Worth seeing.

Hi ChrisVidal, hapy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere, and found good value here. Thanks for recommending us! :)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We got to visit Crystal Castle during our day trip to Byron Bay, so the entrance fees was included in our package. It was a peaceful place with lovely gardens and nice scenery.

The Buddha was the most impressive statue, and as I´m interested in buddhism and taoism it was interesting to walk around these gardens. Apparently one of the tourists spotted a snake on the walkway, and there is also a rainforest walk available for those interested. I actually still have the blue crystal stone I got when entering the park...

Lunch and drinks at the restaurant was also included, so I ordered a baguette dish, that was really tasty.

Although the place was nice, I doubt I would have travelled here if it wasn´t already in our tour program. Anyway, worth a visit if you´re situated in the Byron Bay area.

Hi FyFazan, glad to hear your visit to the Crystal Castle and Shambhala Gardens was relaxing and peaceful, and thanks for the review ! :)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I visited the crystal castle with my mum as she has been before and spoke so highly of it. To be honest I was not too excited about this but when I looked into it and spoke to people about the crystals in the gardens and the amazing scenery I was intrigued! WOW! Love at first site. The entrance was incredible! The gardens spectacular. Staff were lovely.
We stayed for the whole day and wondered around.
I had a healing reading with Heidi, she changed my whole outlook on life and I walked out feeling amazing! I will own a house with crystals in my garden and my outdoor setting will be the pink crystal table. I have started my crystal collection and will one day have the gardens and atmosphere this place possesses. We will return. Thank you <3

Hi AmesAA, wow, what a review, thank you ! We're so happy you and your mum had such an incredible time. And transformational! Blessings on your dreams...See you next time :)