“Heaven On Earth”

Book In Advance
More Info
$130.53*
and up
Byron Bay and Beyond Tour Including Cape Bryon Lighthouse Crystal Castle and...
More Info
$212.40*
and up
Full-Day Small-Group Byron Bay and Crystal Castle Day Tour from Brisbane
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Mullumbimby
More attraction details
Owner description: A short scenic journey into Byron's hinterland lies a faraway magical place.Walk among gods through the famous Buddha Walk, lined with rose quartz, hand carved statues and home to four metre blessing Buddha. Breathe in the stunning gardens, rainforest and find yourself in the ancient labyrinth. Behold the southern hemisphere's only Kalachakra World Peace Stupa, an amazing monumental project blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.Everyday at 3.10 pm, find peace with 'The Crystal Castle Peace Experience', a unique free offering that deepens sense of wellness with enriching sound healing baths, meditations and sacred 'Kora' walks.Marvel at the exquisite jewellery and amazing crystals from all corners of the globe. With an extensive collection of books, CDs, body products and unique gifts ideal to suit any occasion. Relax at the Lotus Cafe and drink in the breathtaking views of the Byron hinterland while enjoying amazing healthy food and tempting treats. Only 20 minutes from Byron Bay and 40 minutes from the Gold Coast airport.Ignite the senses, enrich your spirit.Discover the jewel of Byron.Open 10am - 5pm NSW time. Except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been going to The Crystal Castle for many, many years, since it was just a small gift shop. During the years it has grown so much in both size and popularity. Since then there have the addition of the Cafe with glorious healthy, clean and fresh ( and cheeky ) food, and they cater for every ones needs, with the last time I was here the addition of gluten free alternatives, which I love!The amazing gardens have matured, The Buddha Walk is awe- inspiring, relaxing, enchanting and informative, there is so much for the kids to do also and of course the crystals, wow! There has been so much care taken in design and you can see and feel that there has been lots of love gone into every detail. The owners and friendly staff clearly love what they do, it comes through in everything. But the one thing that has never changed is the ambiance of the place, the energy and the love. To keep that atmosphere in the growth of visitors is remarkable.
They are always having special guests visit for classes and such a variety, something for everyone, whether you are increasing your own skills or even the curious.
Recently we have had the privilege to be apart of the building of the World Peace Stupa, one of only 7 in the world and the only one in the Southern Hemisphere. None of which would have been possible without the generosity of Naren and Sono and the love of the Gyuto Monks.
This is one of my favourite places to be, it always has and it will continue to be. I am guaranteed to feel uplifted, grounded, relaxed and at peace again after my day ( and yes! you need a whole day ) there. Nestled in the beautiful country behind Byron Bay. What more could you want? I love this place, and I highly recommend you visit.

1  Thank Michelle41201

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A little drive out of Mullumbimby town with great views across the hills. The property itself is beautiful

My friend & I weren't quite sure what to expect but it seemed more relevant for those who are interested in Buddhism, crystals, etc. An informative experience but not the most interactive

We admired the landscaping, crystals and views but apart from that it is not somewhere I would want/need to visit again

2  Thank cf1504
CrystalCastle, Owner at Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thanks for your review, yes it definitely helps if you have an active interest in alternatives, many people come to the Byron bay area for something other than mainstream culture. We do find, however, that the vast majority of people enjoy seeing not only the largest collection of giant natural crystals in Australia, but also such features as the Buddha Walk, the rainforest regeneration project, and the new World Peace Stupa. We are not a religious destination as such, but one offering the richness of many paths of conciousness and the beauty of the natural world. We are working now on making the experience more interactive by creating peace meditations out by the stupa for anyone to join in. If you would like to come back sometime, please message me and I'll arrange some free passes for you. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had been recommended this place but we didn't know what it was. It was expensive to get in and as soon as we entered we realised we had made a mistake.The place is small and we walked round in 15min - there is nothing really of interest there, certainly no castle! Everywhere you turn they are asking for money - there's even a donation box on your way out! The women at the entrance claimed that there was a labyrinth but it was a joke. It just looked like there was grass growing between some curved paving stones. Their small rainforest tried to educate about how much of the rain forests were disappearing and encouraged people to plant a tree. This seems hypocritical when they've cut down trees to make way for their "crystal castle". The views from the cafe of the surrounding area are amazing, I'd rather have been walking in the natural surroundings instead.

5  Thank EmmaSnow
CrystalCastle, Owner at Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here, most visitors do stay 4 - 5 hours to immerse themselves in the whole place. We have about 5 hectares (10 acres) including the Shambhala Gardens, Buddha Walk, Bamboo Walk, Rainforest Walk and new World Peace Stupa area. The Sacred Labyrinth is intended more as an experience than something just to look at, (and takes 20 minutes alone to complete slowly), and is modelled on the original in the Chartres Cathedral near Paris. We never cut down trees to make way for the Crystal Castle, it was first a home built on decimated cattle land, and we have completely reforested over 10,000 trees over the past 26 years, and that's also why you can no longer see the original shape of the Castle-looking building. But we'd rather see the trees! If you would like to email us at info@crystalcastle.com.au ask for the email to be forwarded to Naren, we will happily refund your entry money, we really don't want to take it unless you feel like you had an enriching and memorable experience, as the vast majority of people do. Or we could send you a free copy of the Crystal Castle Experience, the 120 page colour Guide that explains more of what there is to see and experience here.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The grounds of the Crystal Castle are lovely to walk around, and the statues of Indian gods and the information provided on them are interesting. The Tibetan peace stupa is quite a sight to behold as well.

I had lunch at the cafe on site, and although the food was very nice (although priced at 'captive market' prices) and service was prompt, their focus seems to be on just filling your order as quickly as possible without considering the order of things. I ordered a meal, plus a hot drink and cake, and received the cake and drink well before the meal. That said, the meal (asian dim sims with dipping sauces and salad) was piping hot and the salad was lovely and very fresh.

Word of Warning: the grounds and the forest walk have pebbles strewn across the paths, presumably to stop them becoming mud pits when it rains, however when it's dry they can roll underfoot. I was on my own and took a fall on a sloping section of the forest walk due to this. I wasn't hurt badly, luckily, but would not recommend walking through this part of the grounds alone, particularly if there are not many other visitors around at the time.

I did think that it was a bit expensive for what it is - I last visited the Crystal Castle probably a good 20 years ago. I was hoping to pick up a relatively well-priced crystal pendant, but most of what is available now is over $100, and some pieces are considerably more than that.

CrystalCastle, Owner at Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your review! I'm happy you enjoyed the new Tibetan World Peace Stupa, if you are still around the area, please come back this Saturday when we will have the grand opening, with Free Entry all day for everyone. The Dalai Lama's representative in Australia will be leading the occasion.

I'm sorry our cafe is not cheap, you're right, but it's just getting really expensive these days to deliver a wonderful meal with fresh food and lovely service (and sorry you got your drinks first!). We really want the quality to be a lot better than you will find in many average attractions, and we do get a lot of feedback that it's fresh and delicious. One in five of all visitors to the Crystal Castle are Byron Shire residents, so we are very well-loved by the locals.

When you next visit, have a look in the Showroom on the left -hand side, that's where we have hundreds of different jewellery items on sale from only $12 and up. We love to make the higher end pieces but always have lots for both kids and for adults who may have $12- $30 to spend as well.

Thank you so much for visiting and for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went to Crystal Castle on the September School Holidays. I have 3 daughters ages 9,7 and 7. After spending a week in the Byron area, the kids said The Crystal Castle was their favorite.
The Crystal Castal is a beautiful place to visit. The statues of the Bhudas were a hit. People place coins on the statues to bring luck.
The Labrynth was a good experiance. The crystals were good to see.
This is a place where you can sit and contemplate about life. An excellent view as well when you sit in the cafe.
Words cannot express the enjoyable stroll around the Crystal Castle. I'll be back for sure.