We stayed at Bannisters for one night (had hoped for two nights but the budget wouldn't stretch that far!) in November 2012 in a spa room. I was weary of staying here given some of the feedback on here but we decided to give the hotel a go anyway.
The hotel is in a secluded residential area, about 3 minutes drive from Mollymook beach. The exterior of the hotel was very modern and looked impressive. The reception staff were attentive and friendly and gave us detailed info about our room, parking, pool area, dinner etc. The hotel overlooks the ocean (we saw dolphins from our balcony!) and is close to a gorgeous snorkeling beach (Jones Beach) - definitely check it out if you have time.
The spa room was beautiful with a big bathroom, massive spa for two people, rain shower above spa, comfy king bed and ocean views. The bathroom was clean and had quality amenities. The heated towel rail and LED tealight candles were a lovely touch.
The bed was comfy with crisp and silky sheets. We had a balcony overlooking the pool and ocean which was great. We stayed on a Thursday night and, although there were people at the pool, we weren't disturbed by the noise from the pool at all. Overall the room was great and I loved the little extras (a big pile of recent magazines, umbrella for each room, bathrobes etc).
The pool area was great and the staff at the bar were efficient and friendly. The cocktails were delicious, though expensive, and the food looked fab (didn't get around to ordering anything though). The pool was a little chilly for swimming, though it was great to sit by the pool and relax.
The restaurant was exceptional (I'll review separately) and breakfast was first class. The restaurant staff were brilliant.
Overall, a wonderful stay. I would come down more often if the prices were a little friendlier. For now though, it's a beautiful hotel for special occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1970s as a seaside motel, a succession of upgrades and refurbishments now sees our accommodation offering 4.5 star rooms with panoramic ocean views and private balconies. We offer a choice of ocean deluxe, spa rooms, luxury suites, jacuzzi decks and penthouses as well as Rick Stein at Bannisters restaurant, a pizza bar and rejuvenating day spa. With close proximity to local surf beaches, Bannisters makes an excellent choice for your coastal retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Bannisters by the sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bannisters Point Hotel Mollymook
- Bannisters Point Mollymook