“Very disappointed!”

At Outriggers Mollymook
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollymook
At Outriggers Mollymook
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having booked to stay at the Outrigger in Mollymook as our very first holiday as a family, we were very disappointed once we arrived. We had travelled 8hrs to stay there and arrived to find a very dirty entrance and stairs, hair on the bed linen, hair in the bathroom, hair hanging from the railing and cigarette butts on the balcony.
I called the lady who i booked our accommodation through to explain that it was not good enough and that we wanted our money back. She was very rude and defensive about the complaint that i had. I was informed that i would lose my deposit as it was an inconvenience that she would no longer have a booking, what about us who had no where to stay but in a dirty apartment! I was in disbelief.
I would never go back nor recommend this accommodation to anyone.

Room Tip: Cheap is not always better
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

These apartments were described as Mollymooks' newest accommodation. They may well be, however I would describe the apartment I stayed in as dirty, well worn & poorly maintained. The entrance floor & stairs were dirty, as was the downstairs bathroom (mould coming out of drain in shower, dusty surfaces & dirty toilet) but worst of all, the bedlinen smelt of someone else's perfume/cologne & there were suspicious stains on the wardrobe door next to the bed. The apartment was cold & the heaters provided (one of which was not fully functioning) did not effectively heat the three story open-plan interior. I stayed mid Sep & I'm from a cold climate, I hate to think what it would be like in winter. There is a lot of noise, probably from the many windows which also make the apartment very bright early morning... I did not sleep well. The bath is small & did not retain water, a great disappointment for someone that seeks out accommodation with a bath/spa as I don't have one at home. And although situated quite close to the beach, the apartments are positioned on the block so that no views are afforded, except for the back of the two neighboring properties. I can't emphasise how awkward this made the apartment feel. I will not go back, nor would I recommend these apartments to anyone I know.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I don't know where the traffic comes from, but come it does right outside the front door unti the wee hours.

The Outrigger comprises three townhouses, which can be sold as one, two or three bedroom accomodation. In our case, one of the bedrooms was locked off leaving a loft bedroom above the living area plus one at ground level.

The design is modern and steet presence is appealing. Fixtures and fittings are of average quality and the beds and linen just fair.

This is really self-catering family accommodation for a beach holiday. Mollymook is a great beach but I question why you wouldn't chose to have a view and peace and quiet.

Overall fairly priced, but better options are available.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 11, 2008

We chose to stay at At Outriggers Mollymook after extensive online searches for accommodation. This seemed like the best place to stay in the area, and we were not disappointed. Our queries were answered promptly via email, the service was fantastic!
The apartments themselves are brilliant- modern, clean and beautiful! They were only built very recently (less than 2 years ago from memory) and architecturally designed with "comfort and respect to the environment" in mind- this is definitely apparent as the apartment is extremely airy and bright, there are lots of windows (no air con). The apartment is very well equipped- large TV, great soundsystem, kitchen with new, modern appliances, laundry etc. You can tell that the owners took a lot of care when furnishing the apartment and choosing accessories- couch cushions, vases on the table etc all complemented each other. It really felt comfortable, like a home away from home. We really enjoyed staying there! Location was great- about 5 min walk away from Mollymook beach.
There was some discussion about the forum about the place being loud- to be honest I think its because of the open plan design and the fact that there are a lot of windows- noise from the street does not get filtered out too well. This also means that it gets sunny (even with the blinds drawn) pretty early in the morning, so if you plan on sleeping in, get one of the apartments at the back! Also the apartments have four flights of stairs, so not recommended for people who have limited mobility.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple