“Meal”
Review of Mittagong RSL Club

Mittagong RSL Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mittagong
Mittagong RSL Club
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mittagong
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived here spending one night at accommodation and a meal at the RSL Club. My family and I were happy with our meal and the staff were friendly. The only thing I found confusing was the way the bistro was set up to order your meal.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katrina M

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Without sounding like a snob … but it’s not often that I would frequent a bistro for dinner, but recently I took my family there as we were with a huge group of people passing through.
But, as always, you get what you pay for.
Sorry to say, but the food was revolting.
Perhaps it was just me and my family who though this because there were many people there.
I suggest that you find another place to dine!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LFLLFL
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just yesterday we visited the Highlands for Tulip Time.

Thinking this would be a nice place for lunch and a quick punt on the horses, we drove in at noon.

Others had the same idea, so we were outnumbered by tour busses. We waited in the 'Gaming Area' having a few bets over an hour. Gaming attendant at TAB was very rude, when he closed off betting on a races that had not even started and argued with me about it, all the time watching the horses patiently waiting for the start. Even ripped up my TAB card.

The meal was awful, soggy calamari with sweet chilli sauce (salt and pepper calamari?) and
oily, greasy Sole, but the chips - they were the worst I have ever eaten (or not eaten).
Expensive - serve yourself - noisy - hard seating and cramped despite the tour busses having departed.

No service staff smiled or showed any emotion during our entire 4 hours at this club, it must be the most unhappy place to work and it shows!

Just awful, do not bother pulling in, especially to eat. Too expensive.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marcothepolopony
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I found the staff to be desparately rude. The accomodations were not what was agreed upon. The staff refused to make the conidtions right. Very disappointed with this Club!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank jasmine2037
Reviewed January 22, 2008

My husband and I traveled to Australia for two weeks and opted to leave the hustle and bustle of Sydney for a three days and headed to Mittagong. I did some research on the Southern Highlands Web site prior to making a reservation.

Once we decided that we would go to the Southern Highlands I made my reservation through the Southern Highlands booking department. I had reviewed the Mittgong RSL Motel Web site and it looked very modern and clean. I did make arrangements to stay in the budget accommodations.

Once we arrived I was given a key to our room and was told that our room was in the "old" part of the hotel behind the RSL Club. We got in our car and drove around the corner. I have to say I was in SHOCK. It looked like a run down hotel in the USA. One you would NEVER stay at. So, I went to check it out and I was scared, it was definitely old and musty smelling. We went back to the front desk and explained that the room looked nothing like the brochure or the rooms that I thought we were booking. I was told they were separate accomodations (the budget) rooms and that I should have been told that. What I should have been told was that they were scary and looked nothing like what they advertise.

To make a longer story, shorter we were able to upgrade to a newer room for an additional $20 per night. It was much better, but I was grossed out by all the dead bugs in the light fixture above the bed and the fact that you could see into the bathroom from the outside if the light was on.

Overall, it was a decent stay, but I don't think we'll be spending more than a day in the Southern Highlands if we go back.

9  Thank gatorhon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mittagong
10 mi away
Bundanoon Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bundanoon
3 mi away
The Sebel Bowral Heritage Park

Been to Mittagong RSL Club? Share your experiences!