“All day breakfast was the ad, more from necessity than anything!”
Review of Fitzroy Inn

Fitzroy Inn
Ranked #27 of 45 Restaurants in Mittagong
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed March 18, 2014

As frequent visitors to the Southern highlands my wife and I have enjoyed many a relaxed Sunday breakfast at a long list of restaurants which we would willingly return to, this one does not make the list.
What a delightful setting in the historic buildings and lovely gardens.
We were "greeted" by a man whom we could only assume was the owner, in an arrogant offhanded way and were told to be seated and we would be seen too soon.
Soon, took quite some time, although when comparing that wait to the forty minutes that it took to actually receive our meals, we were probably lucky.
The wait for our meals could have been improved if we had been offered further coffees or even an explanation as to the holdup.
For the first time in our (not so short) lives my wife was served a poached egg that was broken with the yolk running all over the plate. My "Spanish eggs" had obviously been interfered with by someone poking and prodding the eggs in an effort I imagine, to determine the state of readiness.
Whenever I settle an account when leaving a restaurant, I will have in my mind a summary of our experience, to answer the question "how did you enjoy your meals?" I was not surprised that the question was not asked at this establishment, which brought us to the conclusion that there was no care.
My summary, very disappointing!

2  Thank Aussiebugman

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Paul, one of the owners of The Fitzroy Inn invites you into the main kitchen where he prepares you a scrumptious breakfast of your choice from an impressive menu, and there you sit, at the kitchen table watching Paul cook your first meal of the day with great care, and chat away as if you have known him for years.

2  Thank haptrav952