“Bedding”

Poplars Inn Mittagong
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mittagong
Reviewed October 27, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
There are newer reviews for Poplars Inn Mittagong

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a family unit. Our hosts were lovely and went out of their way to be helpful. Our car had broken down in Mittagong and the owner drove in to pick us up which was very thoughtful. They even had the aircon running to warm the room for us. As we did not have a car for that evening, they also offered to drive us into town to get dinner as there are no restaurants or shops within walking distance. We had originally booked 4 nights but due to our car troubles, we cut the stay to 2 nights and were not charged, which was also very kind.
The room and furnishings were clean and of good quality. The toilet was separate to the bathroom which was just as well, because the bathroom was one of the smallest I have every seen! It was less than 1m wide and 2m long. It would have been very difficult for a larger person, or someone with limited mobility to get dressed in there.
The hotel website states that the motel is in a 'quiet neighbourhood of Braemar'. The town is certainly quiet, but the motel sits on the Hume Highway with traffic noise 24 hours a day. We could also hear another noise that was either a motor running in the motel or trains on the nearby track.
This motel would be great for those just passing through, as it sits on the highway, making it simple to continue a trip. Those planning longer trips may find the location a little remote and noisy.

Room Tip: The configuration of the Family Room is better than that of the 2 bedroom unit and the same size, ex...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I am glad I stayed at the Poplars Motel and recommend it to others considering "middle of the road" standard motel accommodation.

What I liked most about the motel was the service. The manager was very friendly, helpful and cooperative. For example, when I realised I would be checking in later than I had originally told him, I called ahead to say how far away I was. This did not bother him at all and he even went and put the heater on in my room, so it would be warm when I arrived. (Mittagong can be very cold.) When I made the initial booking by phone he introduced himself to me by name which gave me a sense of professional care and personal service.

The motel is not new, but nor is it old. It is not luxury and the light blue paint on the walls in my room gave a slightly cold feel, but this is only minor. The toilet seat was "loud". I have never seen such a bright coloured toilet seat in my life. It gave my partner and I quite a laugh.

Breakfast was also very good.

For the price I paid ($140 for one night, for two adults) I thought it was good value.

Room Tip: The motel is not in the town centre. If you want to go out and get something to eat, you have to dri...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rod_NR92
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed just one night. Friendly management, spotless and well appointed room. Motel is set well back from road, but still quite noisy, though no problem later at night, when there is little traffic going by. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed overnight on route from Qld to Canberra. Very good value, friendly and helpful management, clean and spacious rooms. There is some noise from the main road below the hotel which may disturb light sleepers. Parking at the door, mini kitchen for self-caterers and free wifi. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

we have stayed here quite a few times over the years and we have never had anything negative to say about this place. Owners are always friendly and helpful, rooms have always been clean and spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Although we visioned negative reviews of this Hotel, we still booked and were welcomed very friendly. The room was great as well as the location. Too bad is was raining but inspite of that, it was great. Free internet on the spot and they guided us to a good restaurant in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mittagong
Best Western Grand Country Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sutton Forest
Mittagong Motel
Mittagong Motel
#1 of 5 in Mittagong

Been to Poplars Inn Mittagong? Share your experiences!