“Only cards accepted for a very good reason!”

The Heritage Bakery
Ranked #6 of 8 Quick Bites in Milton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I too was amazed when I visited the Bakery yesterday to find they only took cards (for the pathetic $4.40 I spent there) but was horrified to hear it was because they have been robbed so many times and I cant imagine what the staff must have gone through on each occasion.
Perhaps a large sign explaining the situation would appease the cranky and unsympathetic customers...
Awful to think they have to pay merchant fees on little purchase amounts.
It won't put me off visiting though...great bakery with ample off street parking.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (343)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We were given a recommendation to visit the Bakery- thanks!
This place has a huge variety of fresh sweet & savoury items- the main issue was having to choose. I had a roast pork pastie- moist chunks of tasty pork, with a few chunks of carrot & apple in a flaky short butter dense pastry-yum.
The patrons included a number of local workmen, always a good sign for good quality.
The building is a little worn, and it’s cashless - just to note.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Waited for ages to get served and when I was finally at the front of the queue, I was told card only. As cash was not considered legal tender to them, walked out and drove the few kilometres to Haydens Pies in Ulladulla and got service with a smile and a lot less waiting time. Great pies too so thank you Heritage Pies for doing me a favour.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

I’ve taken lots of overseas visitors to this iconic pie shop over the years but on the most recent visit was a bit taken aback when I discovered they no longer accept cash. My visitors hail from a country where overseas credit card transactions attract enormous taxes. I realise all businesses have the right of decision when it comes to payment options but It seems that in this establishment cash is no longer king...its the plastic fantastic ruling the roost these days!
In the past the list of pie options was so long it was difficult to choose. Not so any more...hard to find the bit of chook amongst the sauce. All in all I was disappointed and will rethink stopping by next visit for the authentic Aussie Pie experience...what a shame.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

We use to visit this bakery every time we passed through Milton for years and was always happy with our food.
On our last visit we tried to enjoy pies that were not only dry but the meat was over cooked and not pleasant.
Another thing that was very strange was that you couldn't pay cash, everything has to be paid by card, this would seem to indicate that staff are untrustworthy.
And the service wasn't what it use to be, but the coffee was as good as we'd had for a while, the barista was making an effort it seemed.

We won't be heading back there, but we only hope that the visit you have here is polar opposite to what we experienced, if you choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.