“Excellant food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Excellant food”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Service is wonderfull and selection is excellant. Pies and cakes look wonderful and what I purchased was very tasty

Visited March 2013
6 Thank Kayseewasee

Appin, Australia
“The Best Pies”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We decided to have pies for lunch and rang the Bakery to warn them (there were 19 of us) and place an order.The order was ready on time and as usual the pies and sausage rolls were delicious.

Visited February 2013
6 Thank AlPotts
South Coast NSW
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live within a short drive of this bakery which used to be known as the Rainbow Pie Shop. We have been long time customers of this bakery. We have brought friends, family, people visiting from overseas to this bakery.

While the service there has always been a little chaotic, the food more than made up for that.

On this occasion, sadly the service was terrible and the food was just okay.

When we arrived around 1pm on a Friday during what can only be considered the lunch rush hour, the place was packed, there was a long queue to be served and there seemed to be only two staff serving - one making the coffees and frappes, and one serving people with the bakery products.

It was a warm day. There is seemingly no airconditioning at this bakery. It was fine to begin with but by the time we ate inside, we were so hot that the people who finished eating went outside to wait for the others. You might want to think about eating outside if the weather is ok, just beware the flies.

There was a long wait to be served, and when we eventually got to the front of the queue, we were advised by the server that the dishwasher was broken and they had run out of plates so would it be ok to provide everything in paper bags. One of our party wanted peas and mash on his pie, so the girl said he could have a plate but the rest of us could not.

The girl kept forgetting to put what we had ordered into the till, and kept forgetting what we had asked for. Several of the things we asked for were unavailable.

I wanted a quiche and a spinach and feta roll. The quiche got put in the microwave for one minute and was then given to us. This was fine, and it tasted good.

The spinach and feta roll followed into the microwave but then bizarrely was put into the sandwich press and the girl serving promptly forgot all about it. I had gone to wash my hands and by the time I returned there was a bunch of juice and possibly oil that had leaked out of the spinach and feta roll onto the plate - I am not sure what that stuff was but it looked to me like nobody had cleaned that sandwich press in a while and this was leftover junk from other peoples meals.

I went up and reminded the girl re my spinach and feta roll which was now pressed nearly flat. She put it onto the plate which had the weird funk from the sandwich press on it (which she could not have missed seeing) and tried to give it to me and then saw the look on my face and said "Would you like another one".

There was no way I was going to eat that funk covered thing, and in fact had pretty much lost my appetite for this spinach and feta roll by this time anyway. She did make another one which took a while but at least this time the plate was clean. It was not very tasty when I finally did get it, I left half of it behind, and I know this place makes a great spinach and feta roll.

There was no tomato sauce available, and no napkins to be found. One of our party asked for napkins and was provided with some, after a wait, and the girl asked *him* to refill the napkin holder!

So, not a great experience. Our old reliable bakery suddenly has become a place we will look to replace. This is sad because I love the building. I did notice that the building seemed to have some water leaks in the ceiling that needed to be fixed as well.

• Visited February 2013