“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Must have changed hands. Last time I ate here it was refined and delicate fare. This time the offerings were stodgey and the emphasis seemed to be on steak. Perhaps this is in response to a changed clientele but I found the food unimaginative - the beer battered fish was served as 4 large pellets, mostly batter, with at least 2 large potatoes cut into chunky wedges, fried & roasted (hence dry) & that was all there was on the plate! Not a skerrick of garnish or salad to relieve the 'brown'. Having to buy a 'side order' on top of $27 for this main just to get some greenery on the plate is not good value.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just went for a relaxing holiday dinner and was so tempted by the menu we ended up having 3 courses. The steak for main was without a doubt the best my husband and myself have ever eaten in a restaurant anywhere! Fantastic location, beautiful decor, friendly service and an all round quiet relaxing atmosphere. We ended up going back for breakfast and brunch on our other days! Its a 4 hour drive for me from home but I would go back... it would be worth it!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have eaten at Bacchus on numerous occasions and have been extrememly satisfied. One memorable steak was ' the best I've ever eaten' according to my partner.
This vist however was a bit different. Our party all ordered steak. The service was great but the steaks were not up the usual stardard. One was sent back because it was blue, not medium rare and they were all a bit of chew.
Now I know the restuarant doesn't actually grow the meat and every now and again there can be one or two steaks that aren't up to standard. We did eat most of the meals but out of courtesy, for their benefit, we informed the staff about the quality of the meat suggesting that they check with their butcher.
If I was in the restaurant business and I received such a complaint I would have at least spoken to the customer about it. We had no response. We didn't want a discount or a free meal, just a simple apology and a chat. After the incident no one came near us only to present the bill. It would be in their own interest, don't you think? .
Anyway there are plenty of other places to eat in town.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had our work Christmas party dinner here. The book was amazing! We very much enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Good food - we had seafood & steak. Right in the centre of town, in the foodie zone. Nice atmosphere, attractive decor & good service. Easy parking.