B&B on Bettington
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Merriwa
See available hotels
Remington Motor Inn(Muswellbrook)
Hermitage Motel(Muswellbrook)
John Hunter Motel(Muswellbrook)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a gem! Never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and was glad this was my first. Also glad I did book the local motel on the way in because it looked sad by comparison.
After booking the week before (yes on weekends they advise to book) I had a good phone call to comfirm my booking. Felt like I was tlaking to a friend. Upon arrival I was taken to my room and shown the bathroom. There were two people staying upstairs (me being one) and two bathrooms. Am glad of this as I am not fond of sharing bathrooms. I was shown around the other rooms and due to no one else being booked in at the time (a Thursday night) I could change rooms. Why? All rooms were gorgeous and because of the nature of the old bank building, all rooms were quiet. I was shown the kitchen and dining area. Very nicely laid out with crisp linen and a tv. i could make tea, coffee and help myself to biscuits. Enquiring about where I could get dinner, the pub across the road not only has a nicely presented restaurant, but can do take awy meals that can be brought back to the dining room. The food at the pub by Sydney standards is a 6/10 and by rural standards, an 8/10. Not being offensive. Good menu but the battered fish and chips seemed to be coated in oil and more chips than salad. I feel I can comment on food in country pubs as I grew up in a remote rural community. Anyway, back to the review at hand.
After I ate what I could, I went to my room. Great balcony for watching the quiet highway and antics of the pub. Inside the room, I felt like I had come home. Amazing attention to detail. Lovely soft sheets and warm bedding complimented by reverse cycle air-conditioning. Bar fridge beside the queen bed and a tv/dvd combo to watch from either the queen or king single beds. I was informed of the availability of dvds from reception but due to the nature of my visit, did not investigate. Had phone calls to make and emails to check. Advise having Telstra for this (and throughout your drive) as it is the only company you will get reception from regularly on any country drive. The bathroom was lovely and clean, as was the entire property. I was lucky that there was no one to share it with. I'm not a fan of sharing bathroom facilities with strangers. The bathroom, as was my bedroom, was fitted out with towels, face washers and soaps. Bathroom also had razors and hairdryer. Pressure in the shower was ok, but not fantastic. I think due to the height the water had to travel from downstairs. I still loved it. Hot water! Breakfast is available of a morning for guests and for people popping in. If calling in, minimum eftpos charge is, I believe, $10. I didn't eat because I needed to get back on the road, but I did see others eating what I think was the BIG breakfast. Look and smelled good. Menu had a good variety, but as I believe from other people's reviews (and I do believe them) if you let your hosts know in advance, they will try their best to cater for you. All up, I would highly recommend staying here. I travelled by myself and am nervous about security and found myself completely at ease. Please consider this as a stop over, place to stay for a base for stay while looking around the area or just a romantic weekend away. I would go back just to have a quiet, uniterrupted nights sleep. And probably will. Merriwa. Merry stay.

Room Tip: When first looking in Merriwa for accomodation wasnt sure I had the right one as the photo on Trip Advisor is not the one I stayed at. It is, though, called B & B on Bettington and in the centre on town. All rooms would be quiet. If you want a room away from a bathroom, request it. Not a problem on a quiet night. If you'd like a room with a balcony, there are three. Two of which share and one (I believe the family room) has to itself but is accessed through a separate door. There is another room upstairs and downstairs. Can't remember bathroom downstairs. If considering driving late at night,...don't. Especially in winter, there will be kangaroos and wombats to contend with. It's safer to stop driving and have a warm night in and a hearty dinner and breakfast. Ps, the tv/dvd will also play your music cds.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Five of us spent a few days in the western region of NSW where our first stop was in the Upper Hunter region at Merriwa. What a magnificent place with a couple who make you feel like you are family during your stay.
Very comfortable and well presented B & B maintained to a high standard.
All the aspects of a holiday you really want.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the property are enormous and have their own balconies overlooking the main street, very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here enroue to Newcastle , the property is a newly renovated historic building . The family room is large and quiet with its own private balcony. The room was very clean , the beds comfortable and warm . The bathrooms are shared and are likewise clean . The hosts are very friendly and accommodating. We ate at the pub across the road , a real country pub . There is off street parking. Breakfasts are ok but are extra and good value. Merriwa is a typical country town with a nice feel and a couple of interesting shops , and ideal place to stay for the night after a long drive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here on a holiday road trip through NSW. We loved the authenticity of the old bank building. Very welcoming and comfortable. Upstairs rooms do share bathrooms, but the high standard of cleanliness lessens this inconvenience. Excellent beds and linen. Rooms are a bit crowdwd but the balconies are great although the remants from smokers remained in the sand buckets on the balconies and in the smell is impossible to get out of those pillows.
The Merriwa pool next door is a great bonus and Merriwa has some real potential as a country town with some great shopfronts. Also loved the 1960s Council buildings although they need some TLC.

Room Tip: If you want the bathroom to yourself choose the downstairs room, or travel as a group and book out the upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MandPSydney
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed with friends in the upstairs rooms with adjoining balconies. Loved the linen. Room a bit cramped but otherwise very nice. Owners were very nice but I thought the breakfast should be in the price not extra. (A large breaky is available for $10) so why not add a fiver to the room price and just throw it in. Breakfast room available to public too so you may have to wait a while. But during the day can use kitchen to make a cuppa.

Room Tip: If staying with friends get the adjoining balcony rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends