“Good location close to everthing”

Black Dolphin Resort Motel
Black Dolphin Resort Motel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Merimbula
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed only one night in a supposed luxury unit.Clean, comfortable,Could do with a make over.
Comfy bed,resonable size TV.But why do hotel keepers insist when its quiet they put all their guests next door to each other??? Noisy types next door spoilt a good sleep.Breakfast by myself in the resturant next morning,Fresh eggs and bacongreat,.Located on main highway but no noise.airport close by no noise after 9.pm ish.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked a last minute 3 night deal for the standard motel room at a bargain price. Although the room itself was quite old it has recently been refurbished so was clean and styled very tastefully to make for a very pleasant stay. On check in we were greeted with a friendly warm welcome and when I requested some extra linen it was promptly delivered to our room with no fuss. The location is great - 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 minute flat walk into the main street. Only downside was there is no airconditioning in the standard rooms (a deluxe room with A/C was available but would have cost over 80% more). The ceiling fans are very slow and not very effective. The weather wasn't too hot so it wasn't a huge problem however the sliding door could not be locked or even latched which restricted us from any fresh air overnight. Overall a very pleasant stay, fabulous friendly service and great value for money.

Room Tip: In summer, if there's not much difference in price, go for a deluxe air conditioned room over th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d0ngat0
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Merimbula is definitely worth a visit if you are visiting Australia, and this Motel was very comfortable, with an extremely helpful and attentive staff. We had forgotten our cell phone at the previous motel (Lake Entrance, the Heyfield Motel definitely worth visiting too!) and the gentleman at the reception called, verified that it was indeed in the hotel and had it sent to our following hotel in Sydney. He also gave us great advice as to where to go in our following destination. The room was more than adequate, well-equipped and clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mcabouli
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly we booked that day in peak season, not the point. When we got the key & went to walk up the stairs to the second floor the state of the stairs was disgusting. I opened our door & the smell that hit us was like walking into a smelly old pub. It was hot & my wife & I just wanted to cool down so we went to the pool, couldn't get out quick enough, even to scared to put our head under water, so the only best part about this motel was the fact the beach was so close, so that's where we went. When we got back to our room my wife went to the servo next door to get for a coffee while I put the kettle on, when I opened the lid of the kettle to fill it up with water it was dirty & full of scale, I went & stood outside & by the time my wife come back I was looking up other motels to stay at. We discussed trying to find somewhere else but were worried we wouldn't get our money back, thought we better stick it out over night. So we went out for dinner & come back late enough to have a shower & go to sleep, got out of there first thing the next morning. Would be an ok motel if it was looked after, maybe cleaned PROPERLY once in awhile.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank nomie76
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pleasant Stay at the Black Dolphin Motel. My partner and I booked the hotel with less that 24 hours notification along with another couple for New Year. The motel is in a great location just at the beginning of the "fishpen" area and right near the main bridge into town. A 10 minute walk across the bridge to the main Pub and other restaurants, and walking distance to both the front beach and surf beach. It was a preferable location as you are in between the beach and the town.
Our rooms were neat and tidy and It was lovely sitting on the green grass in the evening.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms on the Lower Floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed over for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding on the weekend. Room was very clean and tidy and comfortable. We had a lovely aspect looking out to Merimbula Lake from our small porch leadin onto the well cared for lawns. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenno52
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am writing this review whilst sitting in the motel on my final night. Unlike others i am here to write a positive. Could not have chose a better hotel. it is clean modern and after the long weekends horrible winds it has also proven to be stable! Others have complained of the plane noise and umm i can now say I've been here for 3 nights and have just heard my first plane at 1:30pm on a Sunday....no one should be asleep now and its not that loud, Care flight makes more noise going over a house.
Would highly recommend its fantastic! especially for those traveling away solo for the first time.

Room Tip: Take a walk across the road to see the water :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo