“Wished we could have stayed longer!”

Best Western Fairway Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Merimbula
Geelong Suburb
“Wished we could have stayed longer!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed 1 night on the way back from Canberra. Booked the spa suite. Beautiful very large clean room with king bed and kitchenette. Very comfortable bed. Extremely quiet and well maintained property. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FairwayMotorInn6000, Owner at Best Western Fairway Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey, the information you give us will be used in continually improving our service and accommodation.
I hope you will consider staying with us again so we can have a chance once again, to offer you an experience to remember.
If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me on 6495 6000.
Yours sincerely,
Debbie Gardiner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The place was comfortable and very close to the golf course ....great place to eat was at the golf course ...the fellow in charge Garry was helpful and pleasant ...making our stay just that bit more enjoyable ...he was very knowledgeable about the area.....and we would recommend this especially if you play golf ...

Room Tip: We had the spa room ...and we was more than happy with this room....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The first thing we noticed was the exceptional size to our room. Great shower and bathroom. Quite setting opposite the golf course with plenty of nature around. Good optus 3G wireless coverage - didn't need the inhouse wireless. We ate accross the road at the golf club and had the meal booked to our room. Great beds and quite location. Saw heaps of kangaroos on the course. A little bit out of town but that's was the only poor point. We will definately come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rakaia
nsw
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have stayed here on a few occasions for work. Basically I like it because it satisfies all my needs and then some. I especially like the fact that it is right next to Wheelers and does charge back which means I get a quality seafood meal, even have a couple of glasses of wine and wander back to a quiet and clean room. The staff are also very nice and accommodating and they do an ok breakfast. I travel a lot for work and there are much worse options out there then this believe you me I've stayed in some pretty awful places and this is not one of them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

After booking for 2 nights and then reading the reviews on here I began to wonder what I had gotten me and my boyfriend into. On arrival I was really surprised and shocked as to all the bad reviews. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and beds really comfortable. Everything was clean and tidy. There was a note warning guests that they were refurbishing and so far theyre doing a good job. It may not be ideal for families holidaying in merimbula but for me and my partner who are travelling the south coast from merimbula to Wollongong, it was great. Merimbula is literally a 2 minute drive down the road. Recommended for people like us!

• Stayed August 2011
Victoria
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed at the Best Western Fairway Motor Inn over the Easter break. As a special through their own website we stayed for 3 nights for $300 ($50 for the first 2 nights, then $100 for the 3rd night). I thought this was a pretty good deal. Having said that, my expectation of the rooms were low. I was very suprised on first inspection of the room.
It was very roomy, clean and comfortable. It had a bath sized spa which was an added bonus as we were not aware of this!
The kitchenette was large in size, but dissapointed that there was no cooking facility, although there was a microwave.
The location of the hotel is undesirable: make sure you have your own transport! It is basically in between Merimbula and Pambula, and my guess is it would be a long walk to either township.
Overall my stay was well enjoyed and would more then likely stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Bellaaa
Kandie75, Owner at Best Western Fairway Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to right a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your accommodation to be roomy, clean and comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us next time you are in the area.
Belfast Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Stayed one night at this motel en route to Sydney - after having stayed in lovely hotels during the few previous nights this stay was abit disappointing. The motel is between two small towns and there is a golf course opposite (where at dusk lots and lots of wallablies congregate which is a nice sight). We went to Merimbula for something to eat at night ( and cause it was in August and thus out of season most places closed early ie often between 5pm and 6pm) and also eat in this town for breakfast. There isnt alot to do in Merimbula but the surrounding area along the coastline is nice.
The room in the hotel was very spacious with a kitchen area, two double beds, a large shower room. There is good parking facilities and a small swimming pool. The room was outdated and did smell slighty damp.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pen10poppy
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you felt our rooms were outdated. We are about to undertake extensive re-furbishment of the Motel and hope to see it completed by October 2011. We look forward to welcoming you back to our new rooms next time you come to Merimbula.