“Great food and excellent value”
Review of Cranky Cafe

Cranky Cafe
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Merimbula
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was really surprised by this place, very friendly (not the least bet cranky), and great food at a very reasonable price. There is good indoor and out door seating. We were there on a week day at midday and by the time we left at about 1 pm is was reasonably filled out. I would expect that it would be very crowded on a summer weekend day.

I had a duck wrap which was delicious and had a very generous amount of duck, my partner had a curry dish and again a generous serving. If you are after a cafe spot by the ocean, highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Cranky Cafe

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Overall the standards have been maintained. Same food as last time we were there. Breakfasts are nice, with a bigger variety then you get around most places in Merimbula. Service was 'cranky', obviously one of the younger staff was having an off day and her attitude was for all to see. Managed to have a go at me and another customer in a space of 15 min.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the grilled Cajun fish and it was perfectly seasoned. The salads had a very strong mustard but was good as well. Great option for takeaway and eat on the beach.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I, along with my 12 yo son ate breakfast here on our recent visit to merimbula. We actually were just driving around the fish pen area when we stumbled across it. We ate breakfast here and enjoyed the fresh coffee. The BLT was huge and with avocado offered as an extra, the bacon & egg panini roll again a meal in itself, & the young fella couldn't eat all the stack of 4 pancakes (for kids. -$6 bargain). Overall the meal was great, the staff were lovely and friendly and the atmosphere was 'beachy'. Cheers, Jon

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are locals and have eaten here many times, but today was awful and I'd probably think twice about coming again (unless I see that the women are cooking). The beef burger came out completely raw with a cold bun, second time round, slapped together and still almost frozen bun. The Quesadilla was nothing like every other time we've had it - it was slapped on the plate with minimal accompaniments, and missing salad (as stated on menu) - when waitress was queried she said salad is in the quesadilla (apparently the corn and actual bean sauce???). Food was loveless and without the care and generosity of every other time we've eaten here.

1  Thank JoLuSam