“Local and wonderful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Merimbula, Australia
“Local and wonderful”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have lived in the Bega valley my entire 21 years, and Duci's has been my familys favourite Italian place for as long as I can remember.
The pizza, my god, the pizza's there are huge.
We regularly get deliveries from here, 2Large pizzas, Garlic bread and a drink. for around $30. And we are not often disappointed, sometimes they say 30mins and they take 45. But the delivery guy's and occasionally a girl, are always lovely and apologetic about the time taken to get it to us.
I have been there for dinner over 100 times, ive had birthdays there as have my friends and family members and my boyfriend had his 21st there. The staff are sometimes not that attentive, but I have been a waitress and I know that it can be hard if you have a lot of stuff going on to put all of your energy and attention into working. How many people can say they give 100% at work EVERY SINGLE SHIFT? Not many. And most who say they do, Lie.
I will keep going there, especially over winter as I find it has a romantic feel to it when its a mostly empty restaurant, and you and your partner are sitting there with a candle between you and Italian food is romantic too, so when your pizza comes I think it just adds to it.

Yes I have delt with horrid staff there, as you would occasionally in most places. but overall? I can't say there is much that would stop me from going there.
It is the best value of the 3 or 4 Pizza places in town, and I have been to all of them.

They have a bar, but the variety is not enough to cover my tastes.
The outdoor seating is great in Summer, when its not cold. But I have been told the only table they had one night was outside, in july, when its freezing. Good thing the food was hot and helped to warm us from inside out!

And I'm having it for dinner right now! And they always get my request for a 2/10 chilli rating right - I can't have too much or it makes me sick. It is never too spicy.

• Visited May 2014

gold coast
“GREAT VALUE ITALIAN”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were staying in Merimbula with our large dog and wanted to eat out on Valentines night. They happily allowed us to eat at a table outside with him. We had a lovely big meal for a reasonable price and great friendly service. It was nice sitting outside on a balmy summer night watching the people strolling by. Recommended.

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great family run restaurant....”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Read the other reviews they must have had a bad night...albeit we went the other night as not many choices in merimbula mid week (except clubs) even though 2nd week of school holidays. Service was a little slow however we didn't mind and the food was great and very reasonably price, big servings and the 2 waiters very pleasant and they were very busy. Cheep and cheerful! And one of the few Byo wines in Merimbula!

Visited April 2014
Merimbula, Australia
“Family Restaurant”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just want to set the last reviewer Straight. We go to this "family orientated Restaurant" every week. Can never fault the food, service of staff and atmosphere. The staff are always courteous and helpful. The food is always "TOP" standard and the atmosphere has the homely attractiveness that always makes us feel comfy. How you can put this A1 Restaurant down l cannot work out.
We love Duci's and hope other people who visit this site will no take your comments into account.
All newcomers to town, please give Duci's a chance and you will definitely go back again and again and again.

• Visited April 2014
Victoria
“What is so hard to get right????”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I chose and booked Table of 8. ~ 6.30pm, we called back to advise would be ~ running 10 mins. Behind! ( thoughtful on our part ~ I thought. Resturant not even half full! ~ 1/3 at best !!!!
Table in disarray ~ no knives , forks , salt , pepper , napkins - nothing but bare laminate !!!
Order taken ~ we request we need utensils !! Joke about using fingers!
Still nothing arrives - 2nd request - please could something ANYTHING be placed on table for the 8 of us to EAT WITH! ( table appeared not even wiped over from last diners!

Mains Orders taken - mine arrives - oops ~ wrong meal! - could I have the meal ordered?

The Girl goes away .... Comes to me~ with another meal - mountains of pasta with salmon in strong tomato base???? Still not my meal!
Tell girl-: " not my meal~ she shrugs shoulders~ well - this is what I think you are having!!!

??? ???? Told her for 3rd time - my order was placed with waiter ~ !!!! " ~ " oh he is not here now! " ~( so this is your meal) hmmm ~ that's ok - if I had ordered that!!!!

Picked around edge of meal ~ totally ~ I am sooo confused ~ what do I do~ cause a big fuss!!! ?? Go out to kitchen and say - where is my meal?
Bill arrives ~
We are now to pay for my uneaten meal that i didnt order ~ ? No discount for my meal that I COULD NOT EAT ~ that they got wrong....

I had 2 tiny pieces of pizza - as an entree - with my hubby - Our amount due is $75 !!!!! For our 2 meals ( 4 couples ~ we all put our money in... $75x 4!!!!!! ~ total $300

Went to waitress - said how they got it wrong - that I should not be charged for unpalatable meal THAT I DID NOY ORDER ----TWICE !!!!!
Very sarcastically magnanimously
WAIT FOR IT......" WE HAVE GIVEN YOU $10 off the total account!!!!!

There you have it people!!!!! ???!!! never - never .... have I experienced such total short sightedness, stupidity and feeling of total embarrassment in trying to put across my honest dismay at bad service and inept service for something that I did not or would not order! !

Had the original waiter who took the order, not gone home ~ all may have been different !!!! however - a dogmatic approach that - due to communication breakdown, and the insistence that the customer is WRONG - which i should pay for !

The meal in itself did not even make sence .... Strong tomato - flake or 2 of salmon - with mountainous recycled glutiness mass of pasta ? Who would order that ?

I am so silly - sitting before me - was a perfect photo opportunity of the rubbish I paid for! However I could not make a scene or was too polite to take !,, but when the girl insisted we pay the our share of the $300 account ( $75 !!! ) I mentioned to the girl to lookmup tripadvisor and see my review ! I
Word of warning - WATCH OUT FOR WHAT YOU GET, it may not be what you order, but you will be STUCK WITH IT ~ if you go to DUC'S ITALIAN RESTURANT ~ change of ownership ~ they will grasp every dollar they can, regardless ! 8 of us will never go back and will be very happy to pass on lack of customer respect. Sorry but true !

Visited April 2014