“What is so hard to get right????”

Duci's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 66 Restaurants in Merimbula
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Victoria
“What is so hard to get right????”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I chose and booked Table of 8. ~ 6.30pm, we called back to advise would be ~ running 10 mins. Behind! ( thoughtful on our part ~ I thought. Resturant not even half full! ~ 1/3 at best !!!!
Table in disarray ~ no knives , forks , salt , pepper , napkins - nothing but bare laminate !!!
Order taken ~ we request we need utensils !! Joke about using fingers!
Still nothing arrives - 2nd request - please could something ANYTHING be placed on table for the 8 of us to EAT WITH! ( table appeared not even wiped over from last diners!

Mains Orders taken - mine arrives - oops ~ wrong meal! - could I have the meal ordered?

The Girl goes away .... Comes to me~ with another meal - mountains of pasta with salmon in strong tomato base???? Still not my meal!
Tell girl-: " not my meal~ she shrugs shoulders~ well - this is what I think you are having!!!

??? ???? Told her for 3rd time - my order was placed with waiter ~ !!!! " ~ " oh he is not here now! " ~( so this is your meal) hmmm ~ that's ok - if I had ordered that!!!!

Picked around edge of meal ~ totally ~ I am sooo confused ~ what do I do~ cause a big fuss!!! ?? Go out to kitchen and say - where is my meal?
Bill arrives ~
We are now to pay for my uneaten meal that i didnt order ~ ? No discount for my meal that I COULD NOT EAT ~ that they got wrong....

I had 2 tiny pieces of pizza - as an entree - with my hubby - Our amount due is $75 !!!!! For our 2 meals ( 4 couples ~ we all put our money in... $75x 4!!!!!! ~ total $300

Went to waitress - said how they got it wrong - that I should not be charged for unpalatable meal THAT I DID NOY ORDER ----TWICE !!!!!
Very sarcastically magnanimously
WAIT FOR IT......" WE HAVE GIVEN YOU $10 off the total account!!!!!

There you have it people!!!!! ???!!! never - never .... have I experienced such total short sightedness, stupidity and feeling of total embarrassment in trying to put across my honest dismay at bad service and inept service for something that I did not or would not order! !

Had the original waiter who took the order, not gone home ~ all may have been different !!!! however - a dogmatic approach that - due to communication breakdown, and the insistence that the customer is WRONG - which i should pay for !

The meal in itself did not even make sence .... Strong tomato - flake or 2 of salmon - with mountainous recycled glutiness mass of pasta ? Who would order that ?

I am so silly - sitting before me - was a perfect photo opportunity of the rubbish I paid for! However I could not make a scene or was too polite to take !,, but when the girl insisted we pay the our share of the $300 account ( $75 !!! ) I mentioned to the girl to lookmup tripadvisor and see my review ! I
Word of warning - WATCH OUT FOR WHAT YOU GET, it may not be what you order, but you will be STUCK WITH IT ~ if you go to DUC'S ITALIAN RESTURANT ~ change of ownership ~ they will grasp every dollar they can, regardless ! 8 of us will never go back and will be very happy to pass on lack of customer respect. Sorry but true !

Visited April 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Dinner at Duci's”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Enjoyed our meal - main meal was large - could not eat it all. Very good service and meals reasonably priced.

Visited March 2014
“Late meals and rude service.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I took our 3 children to this place hoping to have a nice meal. Firstly there was not much room as I had to slide out table back so we weren't brushing up to the people behind us.
We ordered out meals so our kids meals came out first, which was fine, they brought the kids meals out promptly and then we waited....and waited...and waited some more. I noticed people coming in for a meal. They ordered got there food and left. Then I was asked how I wanted my steak cooked, like they had forgotten our order. Then after waiting some more they brought my wife and I our dinner. The kids had finished a little bit before that so they were getting restless, my steak was inedible as it was so rare ( I asked for medium) that it was cold in the centre, by this time they were turning people away as it was too late to serve. I thought there was no point in saying anything as it was 8:30pm (we got there 7pm) and with 3 young children getting restless, it wasn't good. We went to pay, which was way over priced, I told them about my meal, and the waitress was so rude she wouldn't let me explain why I wasn't happy, all she said was "yep!, that's $95". So I said "stuff it, just give her the money" and as we walked out she was telling the manager what we said and he just shrugged his shoulders and laughed, I'd tell anyone to go down the road to McDonalds, it's better food and cheaper!

• Visited March 2014
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Nice food, but average service and price”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was told this place had the best Italian fare in the Southern hemisphere. I was somewhat disappointed to be honest.

On arrival we were directed to our 'reserved table' which was not only dirty, but was also clearly too small for the number of people we had coming. We had to rearrange chairs and move the tables in order to accommodate the whole group. It was not a good start.

Our waitress seemed a little disinterested in being at work, and therefore the service was somewhat lacking.

The meals were tasty, but overly oily with a layer of oil pooling over the vegetables and potato bake.

Overall, I was not impressed but would go back to give them a second chance. My brother RAVES about them!!

• Visited January 2014
nsw
“Ok Pizza”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a pizza for lunch was ok, service ok, food just ok not bad, not great. Was very quiet at lunch, ok value for money. Just aveerage all round

Visited January 2014