“NICE LITTLE PARK”

Potoroo Palace
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Merimbula
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A small not-for-profit native animal sanctuary nestled in a bushland setting, 9kms north of Merimbula on the Princes Highway. On site cafe provides chemical free, free range and local(all whenever possible) produce, snacks and meals. Delicious coffee and cold beverages available too. Educational books, gifts, t-shirts and souvenirs made in Australia. BBQ and picnic facilities, including a sheltered area inside the park. Complimentary Educational Talks on twice daily, a Potoroo Palace train and bags of nutritional pellets to purchase for hand feeding the free roaming kangaroos and emus. Many iconic native animals to be seen and close up Encounters can be booked. See website for more information.
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We enjoyed the veriety of colourful birds living un-caged at the palace, as well as Pricilla the ecidna who was very active at the time of our visit. Altogether a pleasant place with, relatively, low entrance cost.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Potoroo Palace is called a Native Animal Sanctuary, but I suppose it is more like a small native animal zoo. It is however used for educational purposes. The day we visited, we were the only people walking around, so we had a personalised tour. All the staff were very friendly and spent time with us explaining things. We did see echidnas, koalas and kangaroos and learnt quite a bit from the staff. It is all very walkable, although there is a small train that goes around. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Wasnt busy and that just meant more time for us to spend with the animals. The young girl who showed us around after the short train ride was great, enthusiastic and clearly loved the animals. We were particularly taken wih the albino echidna. It's a simple place but our littlies loved it. And the food in the cafe was actually really good and well priced.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I attended Potaroo Palace with "overpriced and run down" from previous review and I must say that for the most part I found the place quite well presented and maintained, A few obviously new enclosures and a couple that needed a little bit of work but no big deal. The animals were well displayed and accessible and looked well cared for and I saw some more dingoes that my wife didnt. The park as a whole was well set out and had a variety of open space wit plenty of seating BBQ facilities and we had a really nice day and kids loved it as did I. Cost of I think $49 for 2 adults 1 child including bag of food for the Roos and 2 train ride tickets was not bad value since we were there for around 3 hours. The entrance & cafe was also well presented and although we didnt eat there we saw another family having a meal and their Mexican style food looked fantastic and were reasonably cheap around $12. Wealther for us was perfect and I would recommend this place especially for families with younger kids

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Very disappinted with potoroo palace, had visited 10 years ago when it was Yellowfinch Wildlife park, and feel the place has gone down hill since then. Couldnt really see dingo very well, enclosures old and shabby. we were just about the only people there except from one other family and now I know why. Too expensive for what we saw,