“One of Merimbula's up and coming eateries”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vicolo Merimbula

Vicolo Merimbula
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Merimbula
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.google.com.au/m/place?cid=16824330482050170984&q=vicolo+merimbula&fb=1&gl=au&hq=vicolo&hnear=Merimbula+New+South+Wales
Sydney
“One of Merimbula's up and coming eateries”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Merimbula is getting some really great restaurants. I have been there in June for a number of years to play in their annual music festival, so I have seen it go from country town cuisine to sophisticated eateries. I went with a group of 6 to this restaurant and we enjoyed the night due to the good food and service. It is located in a nook between other little eateries but incongruently, next to the big supermarket, Woolworths. Once inside though, you are isolated from the rest of the world. That doesn’t mean to say that it’s a quiet environment. It is noisy with stone floors, so rather than having a full table conversation, it became two groups of three. In terms of the food, I had the duck ravioli for entree which was lovely, and a very nice seed encrusted salmon for main. Good portion sizes and no need to order side vegies or salad. I felt let down by the dessert though. I don’t often splurge, but this time I was with good company and thought I’d try the chocolate tart with berry compote. The tart was the tiniest of slivers, and the compote only 4-5 little berries. I don’t know whether they were running low due to the festival, but I don’t think you can charge patrons $13 for this. It was a shame given the portion sizes of the entree and mains were good. Overall, I would recommend.

• Visited June 2013

Brisbane
“A real GEM in Merimbula”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Simply fantastic food. We chose a pasta dish and a pork dish and both were exquisite. The service was prompt, friendly, and attentive. You must not miss this place if you go to Merimbula. We dined on a Wednesday and there was a full menu available. The place was full, so booking may be wise.

Visited May 2013
Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
“Thank you Vicolo”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thank you to the lovely staff at Vicolo for a great night. Food and service was great and all thouroughly enjoyed the evening.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne
“Outstanding dining experience. A wonderful surprise.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our meals here on Wednesday night following Easter. Great atmosphere and very tasty food. I was impressed and had not expected such quality in Merimbula. My duck confit dish was generous and exceptionally good. My trio of sorbets was also divine. Wait staff were friendly and very attentive. Well done Vinconto staff. Wish you were in Melbourne!

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Trying hard to please.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I expected a higher standard of Italian cuisine, so I was a little disappointed. However, this place seemed to be packed with holiday makers and locals, so it must be making some people happy.

Visited February 2013