Pelican Motor Inn
Sapphire Waters Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$110
Kingfisher Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$86
South Seas Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
Comfort Inn Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$86
$58
$50
Norfolk Pine Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$54
Sea Spray Motel Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Summerhill Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$93
$90
$101
$98
  • Pool
Ocean View Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
All reviewsgreat locationwould stay here again without hesitationnice hot waterroom was clean tidylovely dognext morningstayed here for one nightlocal facilitiescentral locationgreat stoppool areafriendly managerwalking distance to everythinga lovely stayacross the roadthe air conditioningsingle bed
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here on the basis of other reviews on Tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. Great hosts, convenient location and good value $ wise for this part of the world. Only minor issue was that the rooms are a little dated but overall in the scheme of things I wouldn't let that put me off staying here again. A gem in my opinion!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2011

What can you say about the Pelican Motor Inn? It's clean and tidy, if a bit dated. But the owners are really top notch folks.

They are a wealth of knowledge of things to do and see in and around Merimbula. They are very accommodating and went out of their way to help me finish my tasks so I could get on the road early the next morning. These people really care about what they do.

The room was decent. It was great that it had a balcony. The room was clean tidy. The bathroom while very clean was very outdated. My only things I would recommend is for the bathrooms to be redone, and some heavier exterior doors put on the room so that it was a bit more sound proof.

Over all, this is a good value stay!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
MacTravelling, Manager at Pelican Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

Thank you RainnIceberg for your lovely review.
A great part of our job is meeting so many lovely people from around the globe.
We agree with you on the bathrooms and have recently renovated and refitted 17 of the 25 bathrooms, four more will be completed next week and the plan is to have the remaining four completed by Febuary 2012.
I Hope the reminder of your trip was great, thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you back in Merimbula one day.

Bruce

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stopped at Merimbula for a few nights on our way back from Sydney. We were very tired after a long drive and Terrie & Bruce could not have been more helpful or friendly. They pointed us in the right direction to get some food (Yummy Thai) and drinks for dinner, which was all within walking distance from the motel. Which was perfect as were all a bit over being in the car especially our toddler. The room we had was great, very clean and comfortable, especially the beds. Over all we had a great stay would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have just had the great pleasure of spending some more relaxing time in lovely Merimbula, NSW.Once again we chose to stay at the Pelican Moror Inn in Merimbula.It is a lovely, no fuss,spotless and very acommodationg motel and is also extremely well situated opposite the local Cinema, many local eateries, clubs and all modern shops are within an easy,short walking distance. Since our last stay at the Pelican, its wonderful and always friendly, helpful hosts, who themselves have only been there less than 4 years or so,Terrie and Bruce MacDonald- have made some fantastic and noticeable changes to this motel.They have stylishly re-fitted many of the bathrooms,added split system airconditoning,installed new bedding to rooms and beautiful, crisp white linen and also added solar heating to their pool. They have a heated spa room too.They have built a lovely covered barbeque area.They have also installed a fantastic Marquee complete with a nearby toilet,which is permanently situated in the grounds to cater for open air gatherings of large groups of people. They told us that recently a large tour group used their marquee to chat in and play cards.We dined one night in this new marquee and enjoyed their fantastic company along with a large group of others who were staying there as part of their social group, on a tour.We also found out that Terrie and Bruce are able to assist groups with organising tours as well as providing their acommodation.At present they arrange bus tours for groups from NSW and Victoria.Nothing is ever too much trouble and they always go out of their way to help. Park your car safely at the motel and set off for an easy walk across the road to the movies or go shopping in any of the great shops in town.Terrie and Bruce have plans for still more changes and we look forward to seeing these changes when we next stay there.My husband and I have now become regular guests there as they always make us feel so very welcome and relaxed.I am only too happy to pass on our recommendation about this lovely, clean and centrally located motel in Merimbula. Its views and close proximity to all amenities are also added bonuses too! Thank you once again Terrie and Bruce and we look forward to returning to stay there hopefully, again in January 2012. Sue and Paul Cornish

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I knew I had made a good choice when I arrived and noticed this was the only motel with a ""No Vacancy" sign up. Terrie couldn't have been more helpful, both when I checked in and in giving me a ride to the airport when I left. The location is very convenient if one is arriving or leaving Merimbula by coach and the room was clean and comfortable. Maggie the dog was an added friendly face! The motel has free Wi-Fi, a pool and a spa and is practically right in downtown Merimbula on the main road into town, but very quiet notwithstanding.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo