We spent two weeks on Lord Howe in November and spent time at Capella Lodge and also at Arajilla ( see Arajilla).
Without repeating previous reviewers, the contributions by familyof997, AliceHaemmerle and JodieTravel01 are spot on.
Additional comments I would make are:
We had a lagoon loft for three nights and a Suite for three nights. I am not sure the extra cost is worth it if you are going to out and about all the time. Both were very comfortable. The views are slightly better from the Loft and the bathroom is better.
Capella is on the southern end of the island and it was really nice to be in a quieter part of the island. The distance was not an issue as the staff would drive you down to town and back whenever you needed. Or it was really easy to walk or cycle. The staff would take us down to do any of the activities which start in town. Then when we were exhausted after snorkeling for hours, come and pick us up.
You do not get the general public in the restaurant which creates a much more friendly atmosphere.
The staff were very good at asking everybody what they were doing for the day and if they had nothing organized would take the time to find something appropriate. The staff were knowledgeable about what to do and how appropriate it would be for your level of fitness.
We are 5 star travelers and would never go back to a place, as we believe there are so many exciting places to go and you should not try to repeat a great holiday. In Capella’s case we would be prepared to make an exception. Only 1hr20 from Sydney, great snorkeling ( better than the Great Barrier Reef) , walking ( North Queensland islands are often too small or rugged and too hot) , cycling ( mostly flat, well maintained bikes), fantastic wild life ( the chicks were hatching while we were there) and superb accommodation ( Capella only).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as the pinnacle of luxury on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island, Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a real ‘treasure island’. Capella’s nine contemporary island-style suites are designed to complement Lord Howe’s pristine natural environment. Luxurious surrounds, exceptional island-inspired dining and unforgettable ‘first-name’ service combine to create an outstanding Lord Howe Island lodging experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Capella Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Resort All Inclusive
- Capella Hotel Lord Howe Island