After spending nearly a month in Australia one of our last stops was Lord Howe Island. We chose this island because it is off the beaten path, elite and we heard the diving was great! Capella Lodge is the highest rated hotel and being that this was our honeymoon we decided to go with this hotel and the Lidgebird Pavilion which is the largest suite.
After the 2 hours flight from Sydney we were greeted by Robin who drove us to the lodge. The bags were soon to follow and magically appeared in our room. We met a few of the staff members, had drinks and made our way to the beautiful room. The suite was 2 floors, had an outside shower and bath and it's own plunge pool. The deck was large and comfortable. The living area was open to the outside and if you really want to you could close it off (but who would want to). Upstairs was the bedroom with a half bath and a beautiful balcony. The bed was comfortable and it was great to wake up and see the island and all it's glory!
The service here was second to none. Everyone knows your name, your likes and dislikes and by the end of your stay you feel like you are not only leaving paradise but your friends. The all inclusive puts any other all inclusive spot to shame. Breakfasts were ever changing and delicious and Annie knew how to make amazing coffees. Dinner consisted of 3 courses with options ranging from wonderfully fresh caught local fish to amazing fillets of beef. Desserts and cheese plate were always a hit!! In the evening there was a cocktail hour where Bridget would make outstanding concoctions!!
Activities on the island can range from small hikes, full day hikes, biking, swimming, surfing, snorkeling and SCUBA diving. We really enjoyed Ned's beach and the plethora of sea life there. The diving was amazing and we would recommend getting at least 2 dives in (we did 4). There is countless things to do and the staff will make sure you have all the information you need and have a great time!!
Also, the spa at the hotel, although tiny, is amazing!!! Sarah is great and she gets booked pretty quickly!! Make sure you book in advance if you can. She is AWESOME!!
We cannot say enough good about this place!! The room, the amenities, the island and most importantly the staff really makes Capella a wonderful place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as the pinnacle of luxury on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island, Capella Lodge rests atop romantic Lovers Bay. An inspired architectural design welcomes spectacular views of the ocean, reef and mountains into the Lodge.A short flight from Australia’s east coast transports visitors to a real ‘treasure island’. Capella’s nine contemporary island-style suites are designed to complement Lord Howe’s pristine natural environment. Luxurious surrounds, exceptional island-inspired dining and unforgettable ‘first-name’ service combine to create an outstanding Lord Howe Island lodging experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capella Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Resort All Inclusive
- Capella Hotel Lord Howe Island