“Lovely place to dine”

Coral Cafe at the Museum
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

If you get a chance, order the squid entree, it is the best tasty and most tender squid I have EVER had!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The worst meal I have had in years my partners was as bad as mine, it was so bad we sent the whole meal back, I would never go back,all 6 meals at our table had the same overpowering sauce, all on different meals, and also the fish we had was over cooked and was like eating cardboard,

StephenSia, Owner at Coral Cafe at the Museum, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Nalder ,
Thank you for your feedback and I am sure we can learn a lot from your feedback.
First of all , I am sorry if you have such a bad experience and we wish we could have given the opportunity to make it up to you there and then on the night itself. We did however , gave you the different options after your complaints and you accepted different dishes on the menu. If you were not satisfied with the replacement , we would have refunded your money.
Please understand we accepted the six of you without any prior booking after you walked out on another restaurant. because they did not give you what you want. We do our best to give you what you want if there is any issues , we do appreciate you telling us and we definitely will do our best to satisfy your requests.
I dropped you all back to your apartments as part of our courtesy bus service . Nobody in your group ever mentioned to me about the problems you have that evening and I assumed you have a great evening .
I hope the bad experience do not stopped you from coming to Lord Howe Island and wish you all the best.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We found this cafe/restaurant and thought it was just a cafe but found it was open some nights for dinner as well. Excellent food (I believe the owner also owns Pandanus Restaurant). There is often informative talks at the museum by local people so this is great to be able to have a meal afterwards at the same venue. Open 7 days breakfast, lunch and some nites. Need to book.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We ate here on Asian night and really enjoyed our meals. The menu and the wine list is small but our meals were delicious and was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great place to pick up a sandwich or coffee with a museum to wander through. Good service with yummy food.

1  Thank Jetlady2011