“Delicious authentic thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were a bit worried after reading some negative reviews so we were pleasantly surprised. Thai is our favourite food and we have eaten it all over the world (including 5 trips to Thailand). We really enjoyed both of our meals and really appreciated that when we asked for hot - it was traditionally hot! We went on a busy Saturday night so it was a bit noisy but the tables have plenty of space between them so we could still have a private conversation without too much trouble. The service was excellent without being overbearing. Slightly more expensive than the average Thai but we had a seafood dish with fresh prawns and scallops - well worth it not to have frozen tasteless seafood! We'll be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Mi Thai is our favorite for a casual meal. The food is good with excellent specials, the staff are very friendly and the service is fast. The new extension looks great with the bar adding a bit more ambiance to the place. Great place on a balmy summers night but equally good in winter with the heaters for comfort.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We ate here as everywhere else was full.
We chose to eat outside as the ambience inside was noisy, crowded and cluttered.
It was cold but there were outdoor heaters which was a good idea.
The food was okay , nothing to rave about, but the prices I believe were expensive for what you received.
The staff did check on us often and were very cheerful which makes you feel welcome.
But for what you get for your money I will eat Thai in Ballina next time.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Food was overpriced for what it was. It was difficult to tell the difference between dishes as they all tasted like the sauce came out of the same Coles cook at home curry. I would go back if they halved the menu price. But it was great service.

1  Thank Pavlo C
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm a lover of Thai food and since the Thai garden closed I thought I would give mi thai a go. I was extremely disappointed by the food quality. The dishes we got tasted like they were made with a packet mix from woolworths. After tasting the food I felt the price of the food was excessive

2  Thank Nigel B