“3.5 stars - good and pretty authentic Thai food”
Review of Thai Garden - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lennox Head, Australia
“3.5 stars - good and pretty authentic Thai food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Living in a coastal village it's not so easy to get authentic Thai (Vietnamese etc) food and having travelled to Thailand three times and done about 10 Thai cooking classes both in Thailand and the delightful Spirit House on the Sunshine Coast, I like the 'real deal'. Thai Garden is tasty and pretty authentic - so much so that some friends who are used to 'Westernised Thai' don't think so because it's not what they expected and what they were used to certainly isn't real Thai food :). In my view, the Thai Garden deserves 3.5 stars - better than average but not 'very good' on a 'world stage' but certainly very good on a local stage. The Thai Garden runs rings around the other Thai alternative in town which is all coconut milk and no spice and, as a consequence, not very tasty. But, the latter is popular, I suspect for this very reason. You can get takeaway from the Thai Garden as well and I do about once a month or so. I think that the Thai Garden is one of the better restaurants in Lennox Head and it's certainly been a 'stayer', for which I'm very grateful.

• Visited July 2013

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a feast, and had to take hoim ethe left overs for luch the next day. The food is very good and well prepared. A little expensive though, given its a basic restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Byron Bay, Australia
“I love the service and food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My partner and I ate at this restaurant and were very satisfied with the awesome service, attention and delicious food.
The food came out very quickly.
As my partner hates chilli and I adore it, the cook made sure that the dish was perfect for our tastes by offering me extra chilli and lime on the side-perfect. The restaurant is run by a lovely family that are attentive to their patrons needs.
It was cold weather so the staff made sure we were cosy by giving us a heater each...lol. That made our meal so much better.
The environment inside and the timber décor made the restaurant feel like you are in Thailand-so relaxing.
I will come here often.

• Visited June 2013
Queensland, Australia
“My Favourite”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Traveling to Thailand 9 times makes me a very fussy Thai food eater. I have tried most of the Thai Restaurants around Byron Bay and have been generally disappointed. However I have never been disappointed dining at the Thai Garden Restaurant in Lennox Head. It is my preferred Thai Restaurant in the area in regards to tasty Thai food and ease of dining.

I always find the meals really tasty and my husband and I have never had a bad meal in the four years we have been coming here. We have never had to reserve a table and always find if we arrive early around 6pm a table is pretty much guaranteed.

The specials are usually fantastic and their basics like Pat Thai, coconut rice, asian greens and their curries are always good. The chefs are authentic Thai and it is reflected in their food.

Fair comments about the waiting staff as they seem to have a frequent turn around, but the girls are nice, not exactly 5 star but friendly enough.

If you are looking for good Thai food you can't go wrong visiting Thai Garden in Lennox Head.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CarlaI662
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What do you want?”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

What do I want? Polite attentive service and my meals to be correct, tasty and reflective of price.
We were completely ignored all night. Food was brought with no word just dropped on the table And when we stopped our wAitress to say it wasn't what we ordered. We were looked at for a good 10 seconds before she said "so what do you want?"