“My Favourite”

Dining options: Reservations
Queensland, Australia
“My Favourite”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Traveling to Thailand 9 times makes me a very fussy Thai food eater. I have tried most of the Thai Restaurants around Byron Bay and have been generally disappointed. However I have never been disappointed dining at the Thai Garden Restaurant in Lennox Head. It is my preferred Thai Restaurant in the area in regards to tasty Thai food and ease of dining.

I always find the meals really tasty and my husband and I have never had a bad meal in the four years we have been coming here. We have never had to reserve a table and always find if we arrive early around 6pm a table is pretty much guaranteed.

The specials are usually fantastic and their basics like Pat Thai, coconut rice, asian greens and their curries are always good. The chefs are authentic Thai and it is reflected in their food.

Fair comments about the waiting staff as they seem to have a frequent turn around, but the girls are nice, not exactly 5 star but friendly enough.

If you are looking for good Thai food you can't go wrong visiting Thai Garden in Lennox Head.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CarlaI662

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What do you want?”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

What do I want? Polite attentive service and my meals to be correct, tasty and reflective of price.
We were completely ignored all night. Food was brought with no word just dropped on the table And when we stopped our wAitress to say it wasn't what we ordered. We were looked at for a good 10 seconds before she said "so what do you want?"

“Not bad ......”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Thai Garden is located right in the centre of Lennox. It isn't a bad place to eat but it isn't one to rave about either.

The food is OK. The prices? A tad high for Thai, especially when compared to other nearby establishments offering similar cuisine.

The best things about the Thai Garden are it's staff. We were there last Saturday night and the wait staff were delightful. Friendly, helpful and cheerful. A pleasure to be served by such pleasant people. In general, Lennox Head has a very friendly and welcoming appeal and is a great alternative to other, more crowded destinations on the beautiful North Coast.

Would I return? Maybe not - there are better value places close by.

• Visited February 2013
Lake Macquarie
“Came to Thai Garden because of good reviews”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We thought Garden Thai was good for a country Thai, although not outstanding. There is a relaxed feel and the waiting staff on the night we were there, seemed pre occupied and we thought could have done better. Good food, particularly the massaman lamb.

• Visited November 2012
“Recommended by a local. We had selected our meal from the menu but chose the specials instead. The taste was delicious and ser”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely cozy restaurant with a casual feel. However the service and quality of food is 5 star.

1 Thank Verien