“Down to earth dining”

Beef+Beach Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Lennox Head
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great way to relax, unwind & enjoy the view & atmosphere of being right on the beach. The Beef & Beach restaurant boasts the area's premier uninterrupted breathtaking ocean views from all areas of our restaurant. Specialising in fresh seafood, an array of different meats & premium steaks the menu has something for everyone. We have balcony restaurant tables & the area to accommodate large tables of 10 to 20+ & bookings up to 120 people. Located in Lennox Head on the NSW North Coast and just 15 minutes from Byron Bay, the Beef and Beach Lennox is your perfect venue for a delicious lunch, afternoon graze, evening dinner or even just a refreshing drink on the balcony. Our concept is to buy the freshest best quality available, handle it simply & well, cook it as it should be cooked then serve it to you at the highest standard. At beef & beach you can indulge in a variety of seafood & meats. We offer a large menu with lots of choices, sharing is high on the agenda but not a must. Starters & Entrées are individual or share, great to begin your dining experience, mains that can be altered with a different garnish each time or the meats selected & served as share boards with each person choosing their own garnish which comes out plated. We grill most seafood, meats & steaks in our Josper which is a charcoal grill (check the Josper out on our website) enjoy the taste difference.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had dinner here tonight and very much enjoyed our meal. We had a table out on the covered balcony but we were unable to make the most of the view as it was dark but I'm sure it would have been very nice on a warm summer night. There were some quite expensive meals on the menu but ours were reasonably priced for what we got- generous serves of tasty food. The waitress was friendly and attentive. A pleasant, upmarket pub in a beautiful location.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so I'm guessing as we went on Easter Monday, the menu had been 'tweaked' to suit. If it hadn't and you don't want steak, go elsewhere!! So the name 'Beef and Beach is a slight clue that you might see some steak on the menu, but surely the Beach bit indicates some fish!? There were mussels and swordfish, oh and some seriously expensive oysters. Very top heavy in the meat department. Not a lot else to choose from. Steaks are really quite expensive, our party had 4 rump steaks - 2 medium rares seemed to be okay, my blue was rare and my husbands rare a bit of both! The chips were fab. Bernaise sauce okay, salad was just a garnish. Overall, my 'steak experience' was overpriced and overcooked. If you are going to offer a simple menu of steak and sides, then there's no room to hide. Dessert choice very limited and very 'heavy' choices to follow a mammoth steak, such as sticky date, chocolate brownie etc. Hence we didn't bother. Not very well thought out really. Wine list excellent. A bit fine dining to compliment the menu though... Of course top heavy in the red department which is an obvious steak match, but the rest of the menu didnt suit wines such as Alberino etc. I'm thinking...these guys are a little unsure of what they are trying to achieve here...pub or fine dining? The view is as good as it always has been though, thank goodness!! (One of the few waterside eateries in the area). Service was good, very pleasant and attentive. As a long time local, I feel it's a shame that the local pub is a bit hit and miss.I won't be hurrying back.

1  Thank Bubbelicious
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Location, location, location. It is on a fabulous bit of land. Have been only a few times over the years. Food was good. Atmosphere downstairs is average/good. Service was a little slow when busy, but Lennox Head is a beautiful place to visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was looking for a nice restaurant to take the wife to for a quiet dinner and was told about a amazing restaurant at the pub in Lennox head. I took a drive from Potsville on a Sunday afternoon to fined that this was normal Pub Restaurant. The view was amazing and so was the staff. We were looked after as soon as we walked in. The food menu looked great and I was drawn straight to the seafood. I jumped in straight away and order a seafood board and sashimi to start and a paella as a main all to share. I was excited!!!! We sat there then and studied the drinks menu, could this get any better? The wine list was great but the beer selection was better. Our food arrived and look and tasted amazing!!!!!! As the waiter said to me that the Paella was one of there signature he was not wrong. Thumbs up!! We didn't won't to leave so we sat back and drunk Asahi on tap until late afternoon then stayed the night in Lennox and went back for dinner the next night. If in Lennox go to the Beef and Beach Restaurant above the Pub.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Entrees weren't bad, we had oysters doz for 32 dollars and sashimi 18 dollars were a good start. beers a bit pricey good wine selection... But have to say I was offended by the steak, it was terrible. And at 40 dollars I expected better.. It was actually inedable and was promptly sent back for a refund;( it was so salty that I may as well have eaten a handful of sand from the nearby beach and hadnt been rested. My partner had Portuguese Chicken which she ate a quarter of and also decided that was enough. We promptly left for another restaurant.. Also they should pass on the guy selling tickets for a prize.. Ok if I was downstairs in the local.. Nice little location though and I'm sure it has potential with a decent chef. I think the apprentice needs to ease up on the seasoning!