“Excellent stop on our roadtrip from Yamba to Melbourne”
Review of Country Pines

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laurieton
Country Pines
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laurieton
Skelleftea, Sweden
“Excellent stop on our roadtrip from Yamba to Melbourne”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Highly recommended motel and lovely people.We had absolutely the best service and very clean and comfortable room.Beutyful breakfast outside the room. We hope to visit you again. Best regards from Sweden

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stig P
Lyn M, Owner at Country Pines, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Such a pleasure having you both, so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again should you venture out to Australia again. :)
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.
Kind regards,
Lyn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fairy Meadow, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at this motel twice,(four days all up) and have found it clean and have been very grateful for bowls and utensils and kitchenette as i travel with my elderly aunt.loved the comfy couch and extra blanket to snuggle up.The owners went further to accomadate us and make our stay more comfortable than any so far.such a pretty place as well and a great price.

Room Tip: tell owners if you are travelling with not as mobile loved ones and they will accomadate you with no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lyn M, Owner at Country Pines, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Lovely to have you and your Aunt stay with us again. Very pleased that you enjoyed the little extra comforts we have in our rooms. Looking forward to meeting up again on your next travels.
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.
And yes!! Thankyou for mentioning about letting us know if you are travelling with someone who has mobility difficulties. :)
Kind Regards,
Lyn
Melbourne
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Highly recommended motel!!!!!.
Immaculately cleaned room and extreamly comfortable spacious room, very comfy bed had a Kitchenette, beautiful & classy furnishing style.
very kind and helpful staff, a truelly relaxing enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyn M, Owner at Country Pines, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thankyou Sarah for taking the time to write a review. We do work very hard on maintaining an appealing and comfortable stay for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back should you be travelling up this way again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There was no trip advisor reviews to guide me when I booked this so I took a gamble and booked two rooms at this motel for and overnight stop.

The very first issue was we booked one of the rooms with two separate beds (paying extra for the privilege) and unfortunately there was only a single queen in both rooms. The sofa may have been a sofa bed but there was no bedding for it in any obvious place. Reception was closed was when we arrived so we were stuck.

Luckily my elderly mother and sister were ok to share a bed and I took the other room.

As for my room, the first impressions were not good. The room had an unpleasant damp like seem, was basic painted brick wall and the decoration was definitely not to my taste. I have posted plenty of photos so please make up your own mind.

The first impressions only got worse when I discovered the bugs, I am not a bug expert but I have unpleasant suspicion as to what they were. The bugs on show were not particularly afraid of humans and were happy to pose for photos.

The mattress also felt cheap and I could feel the springs, combined with the unpleasant smell it took several hours for me to sleep.

In the morning when leaving, I found the grounds to be quite pleasant and there were several Kangaroos jumping around within the grounds of the property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank George_Of_Sydney
Lyn M, Owner at Country Pines, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We have a variety of rooms all with different decor. I'm sorry that the decor of this room was not to your liking.
I have checked my phone records, and note that on the afternoon of your stay with us, I did call you to double check your requirements, and was advised that we would not need to put an extra bed into the room and that your mother and sister were happy to share a bed. The reason for the difference of price, is that we charge less for a single. I have however refunded $11.00 for the double room and now charged at the same rate as the single.
Our reception closes at 10.00 pm, but as the weather was so bad that evening I did keep it open until 11.30 pm to make sure all our guests arrived safely.
I'm sorry you felt the bed was uncomfortable, all queen beds in our motel have a high quality mattress topper for extra comfort.
The bug you have referred to and taken photos of, is in fact a cockroach, and try as we might, when the weather is humid, and the fact that we are on a rural property with tropical gardens, makes it impossible for us to totally eradicate, though is something we are constantly checking for.
We do our best to provide our guests with high quality service, rooms furnished with kitchenettes, crockery, cutlery, microwaves and toasters to help with their individual needs and requirements, not just the basics normally found in motel rooms.
A dissapointing review, but the first in eleven years.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurieton
Haven Waters Motel & Apartments
Pelican H2O Apartments
Pelican H2O Apartments
#3 of 7 in North Haven
North Coast Holiday Parks North Haven

Been to Country Pines? Share your experiences!