“Very Few Tables, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mirna's Cafe

Mirna's Cafe
Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Jenkintown
Cuisines: Mediterranean, American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: byob
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Very Few Tables, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Haven't been there for a long time, but it was outstanding when I were there. They have another location where I have dined more recently. The food is always creative and good quality.

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have eaten here many times, with friends, family and our children. The service is excellent! Love the fish dishes and squid. Once or twice we forgot to bring our own wine...the one glass of complimentary was delightful!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank loopah8
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Great Value on Sundays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Mirna's Cafe has a great $19.95 special dinner on Sundays. The 3 course dinner menu has a nice variety of dishes. I had a good crab bisque and a Caesar salad followed by a crab cake entree. My dinning partner had the gaspacho and very nicely done mussels. We shared a yummy chocolate cake dessert.
Service was very good and the restaurant is quite pretty. It's small and the noise level can be a bit high but not overbearing. BYOB

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Fauxqui
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped by Mirna's after taking in a movie at the Hiway Theater. This is a cozy neighborhood BYO that serves a Mediterranean cuisine with a nice variety of salads, pasta, veal, and chicken dishes. Make sure you make a reservation, especially on the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Staff were very welcoming and efficient. Parking is available on the street.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Robert G
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
“Comfortable, High Quality Neighborhood BYO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at Mirna's several times and have brought her parents (separately) here a few times as well. Every time, we're extremely pleased - both that the choices available are not simply the same dishes available everywhere and that the ones we order are prepared very well.

The cuisine is more-or-less mediterranean, but not limited to that. I tend to dislike salads, but have had a few different ones here that even I like. (My wife and in-laws are much bigger fans of salads and greens, and always seem to enjoy theirs as well.)

Every time we've ordered an appetizer, we've been pleasantly surprised. The appetizers tend to be a generous portion and even better than described on the menu. The hummus, in particular, is excellent.

We've not had a single entree we didn't enjoy (even the time my father-in-law asked for so many changes to the menu option that the entree didn't much resemble what was written on the menu). At some restaurants, I'm tempted not to order anything to "daring," because I suspect the kitchen is not up to the challenge. Not so here. Order without fear that the kitchen can't back up what they promise!

The one regret that I have about Mirna's is that I never seem to remember that it's a BYO until I'm there (and the liquor store across the street moved out years ago). Each time I tell myself to remember to bring a bottle or two - so if you like wine with dinner, please do.

I haven't yet tried the desserts (usually stuff myself on the excellent dinner), but hope to do so soon.

Many thanks, Mirna's!