“Beautiful facilities poor service.”
Review of Heaven Spa

Heaven Spa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I checked out this spa as a gift from my husband. I got a Body scrub and a manacure, pedacure with a reflexology foot massage. The spa is gorgeous and the rooms are nice. great locker room where you can lock your belongings and shower after if you like. The music playing in the massage room was the same music pumped through the lobby etc. It was oldies and not at all relaxing. The technician even appologized for it. also the table was uncomfortable. The mani/pedi was ok. During the reflexology foot massage the technician hit a particularly tender spot on my foot. When I asked her what the spot represented she said "i don't know, chest?" When got home and looked it up it was gall bladder. Over all for the money they charge, not worth it.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Without question this is the Very Best Day Spa in Philadelphia,maybe the best in the USA!!
I have been a customer to dozens of Philadelphia Day Spas,and after finally making it to Heaven Spa this past week I can,without any hesitation, say this was the finest example of a Day Spa I have ever been to in Philadelphia, and for that matter it was as good as any Spa I have been to anywhere!
The massage with Valedear was sensational,the facial with Tatiana was in a class by itself.
The staff is wonderful,all of the services were "from Heaven", and the design of the Spa belongs in a magazine!

5  Thank dduran2011
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Used a gift certificate for a massage and facial. The massage was excellent; my best so far. The facial was very good also. However, there was a bachelorette gathering there that afternoon and the lounge was fairly crowded. (waiting area where they serve cheese/crackers, etc., while waiting for your service.) My massage room ended up being the room right next door to the lounge. While there was music playing in the room, to create a relaxed atmosphere, it was ruined by the noise coming from the lounge next door. It wasn't intentional, but with about 10 women in the adjacent room, it made for an unacceptable experience - considering the costs associated with an upscale spa. When the receptionist at the front desk, (perhpas the owner, I don't know), asked how everything was I explained that while the services were great, the atmosphere was ruined by all the noise and the massage was not relaxing as a result. He only response was "sorry, but we had a bachelorrete gathering". That was her only comment. I think it was totally unprofessional and a very poor business decision. Why did she ask if she didn't care - which she obviously did not. I have been coming to this spa for years with gift certificates from my step-kids. But now, I think I will suggest they try a new one that just opened up in Ambler, also an upscale spa. I think the right thing for them to have done - would have been to provide a partial compensation. Nothing at all was offered. Business is business and there IS competition out there and word of mouth can be your best advertisement or your worst enemy.

6  Thank lisaz