“Fantastic!!”

Peppers Salt Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kingscliff
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a quiet weekend away here. Easy to find, just outside Kingscliff. We had a single bedroom apartment, with a spa bath. It was overlooking some plunge pools (those on the bottom floor). The room was immaculate, and well requiped with a small kitchenette and large couch. There was a supply of bath and pool towels. The TV had some foxtel channels (it played Rugby Union games so that's all it needed to do) and had a range of free movies. The staff were friendly. The resort is 5 minutes walk to a patrolled beach, which was popular with families. The resort pool was also great, a good way to unwind. There is a small village nearby (Salt Village) with more restaurants and a small supermarket.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,103)

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Asked during booking for resort view when we checked in got a view of highway instead which in the end we made the most of. Asked at check in if they could send up a bucket of ice as it was my wife's birthday and she replied there is a cost for that or you can go to the bar and get it yourself! Tried to call reception and ask if there were any resort view rooms left but both the phones in the room didn't work. Rang on our mobile at about 4pm and they sent maitinance guy up who said he couldn't fix it he will let reception know. I then asked if via mobile if they had a decanter as I had also bought a very nice bottle of wine for my wife but the girl on the phone had never heard of it? I the went down to the restaurant and asked if I could borrow one with which the young guy replied no we don't do that. I asked for the manager and his response was sure If I need before you come in for your dinner booking I will ring you thank god he was in!! The dinner at Season was superb but the waitress was that quick to drop and go it was like she didn't care whether you enjoyed your meal or not. Only filled our water once during entire meal and that was because I asked. Once again the food was superb! Went back to our room at around 9.30pm and went to order a drink to finish our evening but you guessed it the phones still not fixed. Rang via mobile at around 9.50pm and was put on hold for 12 minutes when the guy answered he informs me room service was now closed! I let him know I was on hold before it closed and he then agreed to let me order I asked for a price of his cognac with which he didn't know and then put me on hold again for another 5 minutes with which I hung up and left it at that. Breakfast which was included in the package was average to say the least. Overall we enjoyed ourselves as it was my wife's birthday I wasn't letting their poor performance interfere was her birthday. I just expected much better from them. Will I go back probably not. Might be worth checking out Mantra?

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank WilRoc
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our third time staying at Peppers, and once again it was a perfect holiday. We had a two bedroom , which works well traveling with teenagers. Have always stayed on the first or 2nd floor, which has balconies & views. This time we had a ground floor apartment, and less privacy. As other guests can look right into your place, so would recommend floors above.
The housekeeping was done daily, and was spotless . All the staff were very friendly, and yes we will probably come again. The location is perfect, with a choice of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose first or second floor apartment for more privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We really enjoyed a 3 night break at Peppers. Anyone with children who love swimming this is the place. Our room had its own plunge pool, so my daughter could swim anytime. The main pool is also great and the beach is only a short walk. Huge range of movies available all free of charge (amazing!!) Room was modern and had everything you needed. Breakfast had a good range of food, just remember to go early or later on weekend as it gets very busy. Had a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend upgrading to a room with a plunge pool (although they are not heated in winte...
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I rate this midway between average and very good....

We were looking for an easy 3 night getaway from Brisbane and settled on Kingscliff. (we had 3 adults and 3 children in our travel party). The drive down from Brisbane is magic - great road and so easy only taking about 1hour and 15mins (we are in the CBD). To be honest we tried first booking the Mantra but their 3 bedroom units were sold out. Peppers had the room available so we made the booking. Most of our friends with young families stay at the Mantra and love it ! Both resorts are situated side by side (open grass area (or fancy name "Salt Central Park" and a strip of shops - bars/restaurants/casual takeaway etc (or fancy name... "Salt Village"). We were happy with Peppers - it absolutely has a resort feel and a destination within itself ... we got lazy and didn't leave. Saying this we did go into Kingscliff for the afternoon on our way home... yummy lunch at Mockingbird and the kids had a swim in the river! and took the tourist route back to Brisbane stopping at the little beaches.... Back to Peppers though, the pool area and open foyer area are nice. The attached day spa is divine !!! best pedicure and facial I have had in a long time. Our only (big !!) disappointment was the location of our room. We needed a 3 bedroom unit (which they do by interconnecting a 1 bedroom studio with a 2 bedroom unit.. .this is absolutely fine but the location is on the outer ... our "view" was overlooking a car park and grass area (or fancy name "bells boulevard" and "Salt Central Park" honestly it was disappointing. I actually asked to change as I was so disappointed but then learnt that all 3 bedroom units are located in this wing. I am not sure why but we had imagined being right on the beach overlooking water !!! The rooms themselves are nice but it really was not inviting to just hang out on our deck and any beach ambiance you usually get by staying right on the beach was not there! Other things to mention from a family perspective... not that we were looking for it but I don't believe there is a kids club - but you may like to check this if you are looking for this thing... the resort itself it geared more to conference and meetings market. Granted we went mid week on a quieter February trade...but it was super nice because you didn't have tearaway kids taking over all the spaces ! Breakfast is included and range is diverse but it really is just normal buffet breakfast - nothing exceptional to report. Staff, cleanliness etc all good and no complaint. On a final note the beach is gorgeous (and flagged! ) and the walkway all the way into Kingscliff is great .. I think it is 7km or maybe 5km but good for prams, wheelchairs, bikes, joggers etc. We also hired the bikes from peppers and rode into town (be warned we hired the 4 seater bike and it was crazy ! too heavy to pedal... wasn't that much fun after the initial novelty wore off but a good workout ! the bike is just too heavy to manage). Would I go back? probably not and definitely not into a 3 bedroom that you pay decent money for to look over car park/road and grass area !! I think not!!! . We will explore other areas of south east queensland coastline.

Room Tip: No rooms have ocean veiw. If you want a pool view room - be specific! (the ones near the pool on gr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Your verandah will be shared with a split HEAD airconditioning unit servicing the apartment next door. Thus you cannot control the device running whilst you are on the verandah. Please note it is virtually impossible to sit on your verandah due to the noise, vibration and heat. We are sitting listening to the equivalent of a truck engine outside our room as I write. Reception report that all studios have this set up. We are going back to Salt next door next time and will not book the studio in this hotel until it is rectified. Great pity because it is otherwise a lovely resort. Peppers I know that your response will be that the problem is being upgraded as you did early 2012 but two years on and that is sounding a little hollow.

Room Tip: Do not book studio units if you wish to use verandah or are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoldCoastValueseeker
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our sink plug was missing, the garage key was faulty and TV films could not be received - but all were promptly rectified after complaint.
"Family" breakfast restaurant would be improved by offering a quieter end for couples, but there was a comprehensive continental & cooked breakfast available.
Evening dinner best taken at Blue Scooter Italian Dining in Kingscliff, as nothing in Salt was appealing & expensive too!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscliff
Santai Retreat
#2 of 3 in Cabarita Beach
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#3 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Peppers Salt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!