“Not so relaxing”

Peppers Salt Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kingscliff
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a hotel room as a belated honeymoon. We told the hotel it was our honeymoon, and they put us in a disabled room with a shower chair and rails around the bathroom... not very romantic. There was no screen at all in the shower, so water went absolutely everywhere in the bathroom. The room was very average- it was so tiny that the bedside tables didn't even fit along the wall. Our balcony was also tiny and had to shuffle to get around the table. There was absolutely no view. There were no fly screens so we had the airconditioning on- it was so loud and the front bit was broken off- and there was a lot of mould in it. We shared an outside door with the room next door- which banged really loudly when ever anyone walked through (which was often). We got takeaway pizza and salad from one of the restaurants - we rang reception to get some cutlery and plates, and the staff were not overly attentive and took a long time to arrive. The buffet breakfast was nice but nothing special and we felt really rushed as it was so busy, we left our table to get some food and the wait staff had cleared away my full cup of coffee and cutlery.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatieW07
Peppers2487, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Katie, Congratulations!
Thankyou for taking the time to post a review - good or bad - we need to be told what works and doesn't.
I am sorry for any inconvienience during yor stay - we do try and meet all of our clients requests, and unfortunatley, due to booking levels, upgrades and the like are unable to occur.
I appreciate your feedback, and we do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back, and experiance the resort like so many other clients.
Scott Lynch

Write a ReviewReviews (3,016)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was given a 'relaxing' weekend stay at Peppers for my birthday. I wish I had stayed home with my children!!!! The budget, rat warren, heavy clanking doors should have been a sign to ask for a refund! The rooms were small with NO view even though we had booked for one. The balcony was grotty and there were no fly screens. Then the fun began. We shared an entrance door with a group of young 'party players' that played excessive music until 4.30am and enjoyed the frequent visits of ''young ladies' in and out of the banging communal entry door! When I complained I was told I should have made more phone calls during the night and then was offered a coffee! I should have been given my money back. This is not the place to stay in the Tweed Coast. It is awful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NeatyM
Peppers2487, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear neatym,

I was sorry to read your review - as you can see from other reviews,your experiance was one of exception rather than the rule. We pride ourselves on our resrot, our team and the services we offer.
I apologise for the issues you encountered - we do ask any guest if they have any concerns to alert us straight away so we can take swift action. We are here to provide a positive experiance to all guests, and I hope that we are given another opportunity to truly show what we are known for.
I appreciate your feedback, and thankyou for your time.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is our final stay before going home and quite honestly, I don't want to leave. This place is superb! Travelling with my wife and 2 daughters, we booked a 2 bedroom apartment, which is actually a hotel room and 1 bedroom apartment together. I actually like the configuration since it gives the parents and the kids a little privacy.

In any case, the rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. You can also hire bikes, so this was a lot of fun! No need to get in your car to go anywhere. The village next door has a supermarket, bottle shop and a heap of incredibly good restaurants. Sitting by the pool drinking cocktails was really nice as well!

I think we have found a new place to come to get away from it all.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank YanniTraveller
Peppers2487, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear YanniTraveller,
I wish you didnt have to go! Thanks for the great review - great to see you enjoyed your stay and the weather really turned it on.
We look forward to your next "escape" from Brisbane!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We now return every year. The rooms are wonderful, the pools are just gorgeous. I cannot rate this highly enough. The location is superb too. We always bring our bikes and can cycle all the way to Hastings south and The Gold Coast north. A weeks stay is superb. The adjoining little village is great too. Seasons is a must for dinner. We will continue to return annually.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peppers2487, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear bedhead7271, Whew alot of riding!!
Great to read your comments and the use of the Salt area - its is a great place and we are very proud of what we ahve and offer.
We hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Modern and clean but the room was tiny, as was the balcony, with little or no view. My biggest problem was there was no fly screens so I had to sleep with the door closed. And the aircon was really loud, but I had to have it on all night. when I finally turned it off dying to get some sleep, I could still hear the neighbours one anyway.
The adjoining door slamming as the neighbours came in and out was also really loud
Location is good, but just for families with kids. For anyone else it could be quite boring.
The food and service was great.

Room Tip: round floor around the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Penny h
Thanks for the feedback - and choosing to stay with us - we pride ourselves on our facilites and our conference offering.
We do cater for different markets,a nd we are constantly looking at ways to improve our offering to meet the requests of our clients.
I appreciate the comments, and we hope that you have the opportunity to come back and relax.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at Peppers Salt and we love it! The resort is fantastic, beautiful gardens, huge pools and lots of spots to just sit and unwind. Breakfast was great and there was heaps to choose from.
We only stayed in a resort room and it was quiet small next time would definitely book a 1 bedroom apartment.
The only con we found was the empty beer bottle in our balcony garden (we were on the ground floor) and the large generator of sort on our baloncy area that when it came on was very loud and distracting.

Overall a great place to stay for a lovely getaway and we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiaramma

Dear Tiaramma, thanks for tyour comments on your recent stay - great to have you visit from Victoria.
Thanks for the feedback - I will address this with the team to rectify.
We enjoyed having you stay and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, have stayed several times before and will keep going back. The apartments are fantastic, as are the amenities and the surrounds. Only 30 minutes from home, but feel like we are a world away.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear ren 73, thanks for the kind words - great to see you are regular - we appreciate the support.
Scott Lynch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscliff
Santai Retreat
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#2 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Peppers Salt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!