“Good Quality & Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peppers Salt Resort & Spa

Peppers Salt Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kingscliff
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Quality & Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed at this Peppers 4 times now (3 times in 2011 and recently in August 2012) and each time has been very good. I love the beach is so close and the unit is exceptionally clean. The only slight complaint is regarding the buffet breakfast. It can get ridiculously busy at peak times for breakfast. The last time I attempted breakfast was in November 2011 with my husband and parents & brother who were visiting from the UK. We requested a table for 5 people and waited just over an hour to be allowed into the restaurant. A lot of smaller groups were getting in before us which was really frustrating. Whilst the choice of breakfast items is very good the chaos around the eating area is too noisy. I now make other arrangements for breakfast. The only other negative point for me is the pool area. Whilst it is stunning, I prefer to go to the beach as I cannot stand the noise from the screaming kids. I appreciate it is a family resort so I choose to go to the beach instead to relax. It would be nice to have a child free pool but I don't think that will happen. Overall, I highly recommend this resort as good value for money.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrissyBears
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Brissy Bears,

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

We're very pleased to host you over your four visits and certainly welcome your feedback.

I do appreciate that breakfast is a busy period, therefore there can be a slight delay to receive a table, especially due to a table for five being requested.

I also appreciate your feedback regarding the pool and your query regarding a quiet pool, at the rear of the property, we have our Tropical Pool which is much smaller and quieter as kids and families prefer the lagoon. Make sure you try this one out during your next visit.

Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards

Peppers Salt Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Czech first
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Peppers Kingscliffe as a wonderful gift from the family. We all met here for a birthday weekend. My partner and I were upgraded to a delux room which had a spa and king sized bed with a courtyard that almost had it's own entry into the pool. The room was a good size and very comforable. The free movies were wonderful!!! Part of our package included a buffet breakfast which was amazing. A large variety of food to choose from, along with the best bacon and eggs cooked to perfection!!

The surrounding restaurants were wonderful with good food and service. And I'm now a fan of Kingscliffe Beach. So clean and beautiful!!

We will definately be returning again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 2012Jules
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear 2012Jules,

Thank you for your feedback on Peppers Salt Resort & Spa.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us and that the front office team were able to arrange a lovely upgrade for you!

It's wonderful to hear that you took advantage of our included movies and that you thought our buffet breakfast was amazing- I will certainly pass on your feedback to our chefs.

Thank you also for your review of Kingscliff Beach. We are very lucky to be so close to one of the most beautiful & clean beaches in Australia.

We look foward to welcoming you to Peppers Salt Resort again soon.

Kind regards,

melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Have stayed here 3 times so far and everytime has been a great stay. This time though it was exceptional the gentlemen that served me at reception on Saturday was defiently the friendliest person I've come across in a while, nothing was a bother for him. Oh and breakfast was delicious. Thanks again

• Stayed August 2012
Dear MelbourneChristopher,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.

It is always wonderful to welcome back our return guests and I am delighted that you loved your stay with us again!

It's also pleasing to read that you received excellent service from our reception and that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Season. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

MelbourneChristopher, thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Peppers Salt Resort soon.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days over the Queens Birthday long weekend.
We got a great deal on Quickbeds for about $160 a night, which included breakfast!
There was a problem at first where he couldn't find the booking from Quickbeds, but didn't take long to sort it out and then he gave us a voucher to use in the restaurant for the inconvenience which really surprised and impressed me.
It was such a nice peaceful, quiet resort. With a few pools, it rained all weekend but we still braved the heated pool which was lovely.
The breakfast is insane!!! So much to choose from! There was a big line on the Sunday but they warned us and we only ended up waiting 10mins, so worth the wait anyway. A few people seemed to be upset but I think they're just fussy and impatient ;)
Free in room movies too, a really comfy bed, aircon/heating, huge shower.
Heaps of restaurants just next to the resort, sooo good! A little expensive but worth it. Try the Italian one on the end with the wood fired pizzas :)
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get breakfast!!! It's huge!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TiffTiph
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear TiffTiph,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your break with us over the long weekend.

It is also fantastic to hear of the great service you received upon check in to quickly rectify the booking issue. I will be sure to share this with the front office team.

Whilst disappointing you didn't have the best weather during your stay, I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our heated pool & included movies. It's also wonderful to read that you loved the breakfast buffet and the wide range of choices available.

TiffTiph, thank you again for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again soon!

Damian Sillars.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

What a nice little gem! Stayed there for 2 nights for our babymoon :) Our room was pool facing. The landscaping is tastefully done. The rooms are spacious and modern. We had a one bedroom spa suite. It had a spacious jacuzzi. One of the added little bonuses is free movie channel with more than 100 new movies to choose from. The service is pleasant. Our stay included breakfast at the resort's Season restaurant. Plenty of choice and good quality food to choose from. The best thing is the location. It's 2 min walk from a lovely strip of restaurants and a beautiful beach. The park is a bonus for kids to run around. All in all we loved our stay. The only thing I can think of which wasn't great is that we could hear the guests returning to their rooms late at night after a wedding at the resort. It wasnt too loud but we could still hear them.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms on the ground floor are wonderful. You can simply walk from your deck to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharShuk
Dear SharShuk,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your recent stay.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable babymoon with us!

I am pleased you loved your suite, the service and the buffet breakfast. I thank you also for your positive review of our beautiful location, being so close to the beach and the child-friendly park. I will be sure to share this with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your new family back to the resort soon!

Best regards,
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a fantastic stay, the 1 bedroom apartment was beautiful and very spacious, and the hotel is very close a fantastic beach. The pool was very nice as well, we did not eat at the hotel restaurant but the Thai restaurant across the road (at the Mantra hotel complex) was very good :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isabel S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa.

I am delighted that you found our suites to be beautiful and spacious and that the resort provided a perfect getaway for you!

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Damian Sillars,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed as part of a conference group at the beginning of June. The room was quite nice, although I suspect that the adjacent 1 bedroom hotel room must be tiny. However, the whole resort was really let down by poor front end restaurant management and mediocre food at the breakfast buffet. The "mystery eggs" are really quite a turnoff, and everything was quite bland. Also standing for a total of more than 30 mins on the Sunday while groups that had arrived as much as 20 mins after us were seated did not predispose us to come back. (You don't really expect that kind of wait when you are initially third in the queue). I thought this particularly poor because my husband, who was on crutches, was not even offered a seat while we were waiting. I filled in a comment card at the time but am still awaiting a response.....................

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PhaicTan
Dear PhaicTan,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to see that you were happy with your suite at the resort.

The feedback we receive in relation to the breakfast food is usually excellent and I am dissappointed that you did not enjoy your experience.
With regards to breakfast during peak periods including weekends and school holiday periods, we try and minimise the inconvenience of waiting periods for guests by being pro active.

We provide a shaded area away from the weather elements, along with fresh juice, croissants, muffins and danishes so guests can enjoy refreshments whilst waiting for a short period
I am very sorry that we were not able to offer your husband a chair during the wait. This is unacceptable and I will speak with the staff to ensure this situation does not occur again.

PhaicTan, thank you again for taking the time to write to us. I do hope to welcome you to Peppers again in the future.

Damian Sillars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscliff
Santai Retreat
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,172 reviews
The Beach Resort
The Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Cabarita Beach

Been to Peppers Salt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!