3,644 results
All reviewsocean viewthe gold coastmain poolgreat resorthotel roomtennis courtsbyron bayspa suiterelaxing staytropical poolbuffet breakfastsalt beachbottle shopone bedroom apartmentshort breakself containedgreat facilities
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is a lovely resort and we had no issues with cleanliness of the room although we stayed in a privately owned apartment.
The pool is fantastic and the restaurant on site offers a great value buffet breakfast with good quality food.
We have a two year old and my only complaint was the noise. The apartment we were in was in the block located above Salt Bar, however we were on the top level and quite far back from the front. I was so shocked that they had a live band playing until after midnight on both Friday and Saturday night. Whenever I have stayed somewhere with a similar set up the bar would never have live music on for the sake of the guests.
It made getting our child to sleep very difficult and then we were unable to sleep until after the music stopped. Unfortunately it meant we were left very tired. I just think that considering it is a resort geared towards families that it doesn't make sense to have live music playing until late.
I would stay there again if I could specifiy that I wanted to be in one of the unit blocks far away from the bar but as it was so loud in our room I would be worried that it might be loud no matter where you are.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Dear Shazp1,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review - I did notice you booked via a private owner - as the resort Manager we can offer a variety of rooms to meet your requests, and not located near the bar - which is run independantly of the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Overall the Mantra at Salt beach was good...room is nice, position is good for short day trips to Byron Bay or Gold Coast & the township still has that 60s beach side sleepy hollow feel.

Does it sound like there's a but coming?

The heated pool stated in the brochure was cold. The couch in the room is small, can't lie down. The pool side chairs are wooden & uncomfortable. And no-one mentioned in any of the reviews I read prior that it's directly under the final approach flight path for planes landing at Gold Coast airport. A novelty for the first few times but after that every 5-15 minutes gets a little annoying.

And some of you must be responsible for flooding the room next door to everywhere I stay...the humming was loud from the fans drying the carpet & after 2 nights we thought the noise can't just be the internal heating/coo long system so we asked to have someone check. Sure enough the fans had been on 24/7. They are "only meant to be on during the day" we were told!

Overall a good resort with minimalist service and one restaurant for breakfast & lunch only. 5 other restaurants right next door are great & convenient.

Quite quiet around the resort but we did travel mid week in the off season. I can see by the facilities around that it'd be a busy place in peak periods.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Ktsaam,

Thanks for taking the tim to post a review - it is very appreciated.
I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here with my Aunty and her two other bridesmaids the night before her wedding.
We had a fabulous time. The room was perfect for 4 of us. We went to the salt bar for dinner and some drinks - won $100 on the pokies which is always a nice treat. All the staff were nice and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious.
Will definately return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Dear AnitaSean1973,

Thanks for the feedback - glad to see you enjoyed your stay - and congrats to your Aunty!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

There is something about Salt. Whether you are staying at Mantra or Peppers you automatically feel like you are on holiday. I was there for a conference but it was packed with families. This is really ideal for families. It is very quiet. The local pub which is attached to the Mantra has a fantastic kids play area and kids eat free on Thursdays. There are amazing restaurants nearby and I can highly recomend Fins. Rooms are relatively large (I was in a 1 bedroom apt) and are all ocean facing. I say facing rather than oceanview as the bushes mean you cannot see the beach. the beach is very beautiful but also very rippy when I was there so maybe best to keep young children in the pool. Mantra is not at the same standard as the Peppers next door but is a very relaxing holiday and you won't be disappointed. Beware that everything is closed by about 10pm though.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear nsw105,

Great to read you enjoyed your time here at Salt - Nest time when you come back you will have to try Season, the new restaurant at Peppers.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I am writing right at this moment from my hotel room... I never right reviews but after our initial disappointment and restless sleep I got on my iPhone to google reviews and if I was the ONLY person dissatisfied... Duprisingly no.

My partner booked the room for a suprise birthday weekend. He upgraded to a 1 bedroom king spa apartment. For the $$ we had a certain expectation....

We arrived in the evening so it was already dark. First thing to notice was the size of the room. Small!! Got to give it to them they have made great use of space. 2ndly, the spa was a bath with jets (not what we had in mind - a bit small for 2 on a romantic evening away. 3rdly, the ocean view had a carpark right in front (the sound of the waves muffled by cars and delivery trucks coming and going) and the balcony was surrounded by other units (not a comfortable spot to sit in your pyjamas). 4thly, the bed was hard (although the pillows were comfortable) 5thly, there was a dripping noise coming from the toilet all night that could not be stopped (you know that annoying dripping tap sound). 5thly, not enough blankets to keep warm (it's the middle of winter!!) unless you have the heater on from the lounge and sleep with the bedroom door open. Oh and the heater was noisy, clicking every 5 minutes.

I did contact reception when we first arrived but apparently they didn't have another room available and they were "very sorry we felt that way".

Maybe we are spoilt as we currently live in a resort apartment on the beach in surfers paradise....

We have yet to use any of the other resort facities but am hoping for the best as we will be spending NO time in our room!!!!