Mantra on Salt Beach
  • Spa
Tamarind Sands(Cabarita Beach)
Halcyon House(Cabarita Beach)
View Hotel
The Beach Resort(Cabarita Beach)
  • Pool
City Lights Motel(Tweed Heads)
3,329 results
All reviewsocean viewthe gold coastmain poolgreat resorttennis courtshotel roombyron bayrelaxing stayspa suitebuffet breakfastsalt beachtropical poolbottle shopone bedroom apartmentgreat poolshort drivegreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

What a lovely place. Imagine white sands, patrolled beaches with access from the hotel, beautiful pools and the sound of the surf rolling when you wake up. Set in a new upmarket estate, Salt Beach is the perfect escape. The hotel is modern, classy and beachy. It has that laid back feel whilst maintaining sophistication and class.

The rooms have a lovely big spa with balconies and amenities. There is a nice clean full kitchen so if you don't want to eat out you can buy your own food from the grocery store or bring things with you to save $$.

There are little restaurants around the corner- Pizzeria, Thai, Fish and Chips and a pub. So a wide range to choose from plus a liquor store and a small (expensive) supermarket.
There is also a buffet breakfast in the morning at the hotel which is nice, but over priced (around $20 per adult)- but we had this included in the room which was nice.

Great value as we paid for 2 nights at a discounted rate and got the 3rd night free.

The staff were helpful and friendly. When our fridge broke down on the first night, they came and wheeled another one in and simply replaced it almost instantaneously.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel close to the pool if travelling with families, it's nice and close. Great for a night time swim too. Beautiful lights and romantic feel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hi Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. Mantra is a great destination for all the things you have mentioned.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

If I were to rate our holiday I would give it 4 stars ( beautiful location), but purely rating this property I can only give it 3 stars.
The negatives:
1. The bed was horrible. Both my husband and I enjoy a harder bed, but this was even too hard for us. I wouldn't have been able to stand one more night, and our final night's sleep was awful.
2. Unfortunately there are a number of families and guests that "reserve" ALL the deck chairs in the shade by placing towels and belongings on them early in the morning when they aren't even in the pool yet. We arrived at the pool at 9am one morning, and when we left, these "reserved" seats still had not been occupied. I'm not sure how management would "police" this, but something needs to be done to curb the selfishness of some guests.
The positives:
1. The rooms are lovely (apart from the bed)
2. Salt village is lovely with some great restaurants
3. The beach is beautiful
4. The area is quiet and relaxing
One final note, be careful if you are getting a taxi to and from the airport. We were overcharged (as we found out later). The mantra recommended an airport transfer company which was great and we used this for our trip back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks Nicole for your review,

Mantra Salt is currently replacing bedding as number one priority throughout the resort. Improvements are on the way, apologies it was not here prior to the busy times.
so glad you enjoyed the area and its offerings.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having won this as a prize both my Hubby and I were very excited to have a weekend away. Our room was on the second floor and very comfortable and spacious- loved the deep spa bath. We used all the facilities (bought our tennis rackets from home) loved the pools and the beach. I even ran 5km with Kingscliff Park run ( free timed run held every Sat - 8am). Breakfast was amazing with a wide selection on offer. No free Wifi and nothing to watch on TV but so many activities to do that it didn't really matter! Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Would love to be on the third floor and overlooking the park / BBQ was perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

HI Joanne,

Glad you enjoyed and nso gald to hear you joined to the Salt fun run, it is a gret kickstart tot he weekend and nice track to conquer!

Would love to have you back!

Cheers

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

So excited about this holiday only to be disappointed as soon as we walked in.

The girl on reception was picking at her finger nails when we walked in, continued to pick her nails when I was waiting to check in - looked up at me and said " checking in?". No I'm just standing here with all my luggage because I want a coffee?? My partner experienced the rudest of our experiences with staff while waiting for a lift - two staff members with trolleys were also waiting for the lifts. Both staff took both lifts and closed the doors and making my partner wait for the next one. What happened to the guests taking priority?

Rooms are average - the sink was filthy and there was mould in the shower. I appreciate that the resort is highlighting the ocean views with the shutter blinds however I'd like to sleep in on my holidays which was impossible unless the blinds were closed which meant no sea breezes.

Breakfast was average most days - having cold eggs is not a way to start the day.

In our opinion it's very rude of the hotel to put all TVS on Hotel Mode which means you are forced to watch free to air TV or a pitiful range of Fox channels. So if you have children, there is no DVD player as stated on the website and if you want to keep them entertained with a movie be prepared to pay through the nose for it. I understand it's a holiday and TV is not the most important thing but it's nice to watch a movie on the days when it's raining or after a lovely dinner at the many restaurants in Salt Village.

Overall, I don't think this was the place for couples - especially school holidays.

It's very close to the beach and the surf club is great.

I'd comment on the pool but in 7 days I never got the chance to use the pool due to over crowding and the huge amount of children - I don't want to be splashed and listen to crying. An adults only pool would be a great idea.

Kingscliff is great - but I think Peppers will be our next choice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

It is hard to reply to comments on the hotel being full of children in the holiday season. Salt is such a drawcard for familes due to the surrounds, walking/bike tracks, creek, beaches and the pools. Mantra has 3 pools, one of the pools is tucked away and is a desirable choice from escaping the little ones in the wading pool and the family draw card lagoon pool.

I am disapointed to hear of your checkin. I recieve so may comments on the staff, friendly courteous and helpful- this will be addressed.

Sorry we missed meeting your expectations this time.

Kind regrads,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just spent 2 nights here and almost everything was great, friendly staff, loved the pool, great sized 1br Ocean spa apartment and comfortable bed the only negative was a funny musty or previous guest cooking smell in our apartment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Danielle,

So glad you enjoyed your break with us. Thank you for taking the time to review.
Cheers